10 And Heights: Mixed-Use At 1515 Studemont St.

Triton

• The title was changed to 1515 Studemont | Party Boy
43 minutes ago, rubberbandman said:

Sounds expensive. HCAD has this property appraised at 2,721,116 (land - 2,268,072 , improvement - 453,044). I understand the potential development opportunity on 1.53 acres next to I10, but how could institutional investors justify a $10.5m price tag for this?

He owns property all over Houston. He was the same person to sell his land off of N Main to White Oak Music Hall for quite a hefty price, so I think he understands the market pretty well. I would not be surprised if he got somewhere around this price for it. 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to 1515 Studemont Party Boy
  • 1 year later...

"The longstanding warehouse Party Boy at 1515 Studemont St. was a go-to for many locals to buy their party supplies. Soon it will be replaced by a mixed-use development that will bring the Heights more store outposts, dentists offices, restaurants and more.

Owned by Oxberry Group, the development will be called 10 and Heights, and is in the beginning stages of development."

Full article here: https://www.theleadernews.com/real_estate/two-new-developments-coming-to-heights/article_7ff28270-05f2-11ec-8fbc-dfcf7cd221a1.html

Leasing Flyer and Renderings: https://www.crexi.com/lease/widgets/238/properties/336541/texas-1st-floor-suites

Pictures of Retail, Office space located at 1515 Studemont St, Houston, TX 77007 for lease - image #2

Pictures of Retail, Office space located at 1515 Studemont St, Houston, TX 77007 for lease - image #1

Edited by swishafisha
tags
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to 10 And Heights: Mixed-Use At 1515 Studemont St.

If METRO decides to build the Studemont Inner-Katy BRT station, it would be super close to this project. It would be like a 250ftish walk? I think there's a low chance that they build it here, but it could definitely happen. I'm sure the developers would like that.

ncs9pfT.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, swishafisha said:

"The longstanding warehouse Party Boy at 1515 Studemont St. was a go-to for many locals to buy their party supplies. Soon it will be replaced by a mixed-use development that will bring the Heights more store outposts, dentists offices, restaurants and more.

Owned by Oxberry Group, the development will be called 10 and Heights, and is in the beginning stages of development."

Full article here: https://www.theleadernews.com/real_estate/two-new-developments-coming-to-heights/article_7ff28270-05f2-11ec-8fbc-dfcf7cd221a1.html

Leasing Flyer and Renderings: https://www.crexi.com/lease/widgets/238/properties/336541/texas-1st-floor-suites

Pictures of Retail, Office space located at 1515 Studemont St, Houston, TX 77007 for lease - image #2

Pictures of Retail, Office space located at 1515 Studemont St, Houston, TX 77007 for lease - image #1

I'm so tired of looking at parking lots. At least front the street.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, wilcal said:

If METRO decides to build the Studemont Inner-Katy BRT station, it would be super close to this project. It would be like a 250ftish walk? I think there's a low chance that they build it here, but it could definitely happen. I'm sure the developers would like that.

This is the kind of transit project that looks great from the standpoint of number of dwelling units or square feet of retail within 1000 ft, but the actual pedestrian experience would be terrible.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

How are these developers so clueless? Not saying they need to build a parking garage, but putting parking in the back helps so much. I wish I could afford this chunk of land. I‘d do HAIF proud 😅

I feel like your $10+ million would be better spent elsewhere. This area is pretty soulless. The only thing going for it is the bayou trail. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I emailed them asking why parking wasn't placed in the back. This just seems like such a waste of time and money for an area of town that seems to not really know what direction it's going. You have some semi dense apartment complexes next to a suburban Kroger and future Home Depot that will sit next to a future car wash. And the pedestrian infrastructure is lacking along this corridor.

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2021 at 10:13 PM, j_cuevas713 said:

How are these developers so clueless? Not saying they need to build a parking garage, but putting parking in the back helps so much. I wish I could afford this chunk of land. I‘d do HAIF proud 😅

I don't get the love for back of the structure parking lots. I personally hate parking in the back, and just don't go to places that are built that way. It's also hard on the establishment, since they have to have two entryways, one in front, one in the back.  But, I'm a semi-old fart.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Ross said:

I don't get the love for back of the structure parking lots. I personally hate parking in the back, and just don't go to places that are built that way. It's also hard on the establishment, since they have to have two entryways, one in front, one in the back.  But, I'm a semi-old fart.

It is because they aren't designed primarily for cars. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wilcal said:

It is because they aren't designed primarily for cars. 

How many people live within walking distance of that location? How many of them are likely to go there?

It's the developer's money, and they can do what they want, but I just don't see the point in rear parking. It's not like it's a hardship to walk 60 feet across a front parking lot. Again, that's just me.

1 hour ago, Ross said:

How many people live within walking distance of that location? How many of them are likely to go there?

It's the developer's money, and they can do what they want, but I just don't see the point in rear parking. It's not like it's a hardship to walk 60 feet across a front parking lot. Again, that's just me.

Some would say driving 60 feet across a property is even easier than walking 60 feet across a parking lot. 

As I mentioned above, there will likely be a BRT station built in an adjacent parcel. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2021 at 8:43 PM, Ross said:

It’s a hardship for those with disabilities though. It’s even tougher during Summer months when those extra few steps seem like an eternity. That extra 60 ft is enough to deter business as well. If I’m a business, I’m trying to attract all types of clientele, not just motorists. Otherwise I’m losing potential income as a business owner because I’m only catering to one type of commuter. Parking in the back doesn’t create this massive inconvenience for property owners and aesthetically it’s just nicer. A great example is the shopping center on W Gray and Montrose. And to also ask how many people live in proximity is an even bigger reason we need to build smarter. Just because the current layout doesn’t cater to pedestrians doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be built to handle pedestrians. Especially when Metro is planning a station in this location. 

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The site plan for 10 and Heights, located at  at 1515 Studewood St, was updated yesterday.

In addition to Wild Forks, other tenants include:

• Palazio Nail Salon (1515 Studewood St, Suite 107)
  • Thaicoon - a local contemporary Thai restaurant (1515 Studewood St, Suite 109)
  • Yummy Seafood - local Vietnamese restaurant (1515 Studewood St, Suite 110)

https://www.crexi.com/lease/properties/336541/texas-1st-floor-suites

https://api-lease.crexi.com/assets/336541/flyer

D9fMyj9.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...