Texas Children’s Hospital Future Expansion At 6650 Main St.

37 minutes ago, Brooklyn173 said:

I thought TCH bought the the O’Quinn Medical Tower at St. Luke’s (the hypodermic looking building). Would this be in addition to that or instead or completely unrelated?

This will be a different building.  Supposed to take out this garage.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

Heard from a 2nd person today that TCH will be building a new tower on Main. This will be located across from the two Mediatar developments.

I'm going to keep this on the map under "ON-THE-MARKET, POTENTIAL DEVELOPMENT, AND RUMORS" till we get an official announcement. Great find.

• Like 1

So where would the Texas Women's University employees park if they demo the parking garage? There is a surface lot directly across Main St from Texas Children's, just needs a sky bridge to connect to the existing building.

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, hindesky said:

So where would the Texas Women's University employees park if they demo the parking garage? The is a surface lot directly across Main St from Texas Children's, just needs a sky bridge to connect to the existing building.

The two builders said slightly different things.

One said the garage would be demolished, the other said “by the Wyndham hotel” which I interpreted as the garage. Could this actually be across the street, leaving the garage intact?

Believe this project is a few years away. In the planning agenda.

Edited by ekdrm2d1

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Texas Children’s Hospital Future Expansion On Main St.
  • 2 weeks later...

A blurb of this this development was spoken about in a recent agenda meeting.

The proposal also includes a future connection from the proposed pedestrian sky bridge to the property across Southgate Boulevard that will be the site of a future Texas Children’s Hospital facility.

AZPKbkG.png

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Texas Children’s Hospital Future Expansion At 6650 South Main St.
  • 1 year later...

Is there any master planning going to develop this surface lot? 

I noticed their Pavilion Tower 2/Main Tower took precedence over the surface lot.  Other than the building conversion, they haven't built anything, in the Texas Medical Center, in a few years.   Should be about time to start planning.

I'd assume this surface lot cannot last much longer.

• The title was changed to Texas Children’s Hospital Future Expansion At 6650 Main St.