Katy Ranch Offices Phase II At 24275 Katy Fwy.

brijonmang

I know this is way out west and not really significant but I work in phase one and I plan on providing frequent updates for those who like pictures of construction.

PRESS RELEASE: https://communityimpact.com/houston/katy/development-construction/2019/07/19/katy-ranch-offices-phase-2-breaks-ground-to-deliver-in-summer-2020/

Real estate company Avison Young held a groundbreaking ceremony July 18 on the new six-story office building for Phase 2 of the Katy Ranch Offices.

The development, which is available for preleasing, is located at 24279 Katy Freeway, Katy, and will be completed by summer 2020.

It will include a skybridge to link the existing garage constructed during Phase 1 to the new building’s main lobby, where conference and training rooms will be available as well as catering space, according to a press release.

The existing five-story garage will be expanded to accommodate more than 1,000 spaces, Powers Brown Architecture principal A.J. Breneman said.

Phase 1 of Katy Ranch Offices is next to the new building and was completed in 2015, per the release, and is fully leased with nearly 20 tenants, per the release, including Flagstar Bank, Escalate Workspace, US Silica, JMT Engineering, Price Gregory International and KGA/Deforest Design.

The two buildings will total more than 300,000 square feet, Breneman said.

A photo from earlier today.  They are currently clearing the site.

2At2iI0.jpg

On 7/20/2019 at 6:52 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Mods, @Urbannizer @Triton

Can this please be moved to the suburb forum? There a forum for Katy, I think editor accidentally removed it in the spring. He said he'd replace it but that hasn't happened yet.

Yeah I know there used to be a Katy and points west section but wasn't sure what was most appropriate. Feel free to move where you think fits best, mods.

Been a little extra site work but mainly just clearing dirt and marking utilities/building parameters this week. Headed out of town for the next week so hopefully there will be some digging when I come back.

fI2rDRu.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, gmac said:

Thanks for the great pictures! Interesting to see the groundwork in progress.

My pleasure! It's not quite as big of an undertaking as most of the other buildings going up around town but it is right outside my window so I figure documenting it is the least I can do for people that enjoy this stuff.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So this is a tilt wall building and they just had the first concrete pour for the walls this morning.  The original driveway and landscaping seen in the last post has been covered with dirt and a concrete pour in order to have additional room for framing up other wall segments.  

EPMRqd5.jpg

• The title was changed to Katy Ranch Offices Phase II At 24275 Katy Fwy.

Archived