River Oaks Highland: Retail Center At 3601 West Alabama St.

3 hours ago, Luminare said:

Does this include the vacant lot behind this one?

On the map as "Proposed".

Unless there has been a change of ownership, I believe the vacant lot behind there is owned by the owners of 3100 Edloe. It has been used as overflow parking for that building for years.

• Like 2

I'm somewhat new to this site, so excuse the newbie question: Is there something in this thread, or the links, that tells us WHAT is being built/proposed? I only see where the location is being talked about, not what is being proposed.

Thanks.

FWIW, I'll be able to photograph this one from our condo balcony. A stone's throw away.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, astrohip said:

I'm somewhat new to this site, so excuse the newbie question: Is there something in this thread, or the links, that tells us WHAT is being built/proposed? I only see where the location is being talked about, not what is being proposed.

Thanks.

FWIW, I'll be able to photograph this one from our condo balcony. A stone's throw away.

Welcome. Depends. While some of us are actually in the industry in various sub-fields (in architecture myself), we get the info as it comes just like anyone else, either because of our ties or people that we know, or some who know where to look for new things. It just depends on the project. Some are started from rumors, some from realtor ad info, some from official announcements, some from subplat data, and some from COH's various committee meetings. In an example like this, we just know that a property has potential development eye'ed for, but nobody has put forth a solid proposal yet. If you keep scrolling through and jumping to different threads you will see what I mean. Mostly we try to be as engaged and curious as possible whether there is a proposal or not. Hope that helps.

• Like 6

22 hours ago, Luminare said:

<snip> Hope that helps.

Yes, appreciate the thoughtful reply.

I was in construction, development and supply for 40 years, mostly single-family residential. Though retired for several years, once it's in your blood, it's hard to stay away. Hence my daily visit to this site. 😁

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, astrohip said:

Yes, appreciate the thoughtful reply.

I was in construction, development and supply for 40 years, mostly single-family residential. Though retired for several years, once it's in your blood, it's hard to stay away. Hence my daily visit to this site. 😁

Well you picked the right time to snoop around. Its starting to go bananas. If you want to see what else is going on around town or for other specific projects I would recommend checking out our HAIF Development Map. Its in the link at the first post of this thread (link will take you to a google map doc):

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to River Oaks Highland: 3601 West Alabama
  • 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to River Oaks Highland: 3601 West Alabama St.
  • 11 months later...
  • The title was changed to River Oaks Highland: 3601 West Alabama St.
14 minutes ago, Highrise Tower said:

The Beverly Residences at Tanglewood from Rama Companies with G.T. Leach.

Did this switch locations? Is this a bandit sign for marketing?

I noticed there is a new plat proposed for this site. There is also a Notice of Variance Request sign posted in front of the property.

EDeQPk0.jpg

Its for marketing, theres the same exact sign in front of a shopping center in front of my neighborhood. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to River Oaks Highland: Retail Center At 3601 West Alabama St.