• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://horticulturalbuildingsystems.com/?page_id=219    

Black brick on Westheimer.

Took This Aerial Shot of the Montrose Collective this morning.

Posted Images

State & Liberty is moving in at the Montrose Collective according to the Houston Chronicle.

State & Liberty will open a 1,100-square-foot menswear store in Montrose Collective off of Westheimer and Grant Street for its first Texas location. A development of Radom Capital, Montrose Collective will bring 25 unique merchants, chefs and wellness concepts to Houston starting this fall.

https://stateandliberty.com

• Like 9

I love that retail will be coming.

Let me also go out on a limb.........I believe “drawing” in customers is a high priority to success. Besides the myth of Montrose acting as a magnetic of sorts; I have my own “pie in the sky” solutions to bring in more people.

Why not have small  unleased spaces  have a courtesy display ( developers waive rents) of  artifacts about “what things were before”— maybe the artifacts from Mary’s. Or maybe COH historical artifacts? Perhaps the “M” statue ?  Change displays ever 2 months are so.....pack all up if space gets leased.....move to new courtesy space....draw more people....repeat. 
if successful, try small experiment in empty downtown spaces?

An example : These plaques ( somewhere archived at COH) explaining the Obedience Smith land grant.

I’m not sure what costs implement a program like that but perhaps TIRZ, COH, Civic clubs and Grants could defray costs.

C2619D2F-EF7C-4E10-81D4-DE5C917393E5.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

oh and since the lot is close to full, it's now $100 for parking plus a $50 service fee...

But all you did is print out a ticket!

Exactly..... And btw, the off duty cop security guard will search your vehicle before you can enter the parking out... He thinks he's on duty 24/7, and he will manhandle you if you object....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, wilcal said:

Hopefully they don't let them set up the pricing model for parking in the garage.

$1 parking + $.21 facility fee + $.39 environmental tax + .....

Only $1 for the first 10 customers that reserve their spot 15 days in advance. A resale fee of $5 + 10% will be charged on the Ticker Master website. The on site price will be dynamically set by an algorithm that scans the make and model of the car with an additional $11 service charge for sedans and SUVs. Once the parking lot reaches 50% occupancy the remaining spots will be set aside for $899 VIP packages that include a bottle of fuel additive and additional purchasable upgrades.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
12 hours ago, wilcal said:

Hopefully they don't let them set up the pricing model for parking in the garage.

$1 parking + $.21 facility fee + $.39 environmental tax + .....

OMG the best haha!!!

My best friend sings for a rock band and yep, he has even lowered the price for shows because of all this extra nonsense...i mean i understand them needing to make money but dang! 

108882.png

Thankyou.png

^^^ @gene you are indeed correct my pal, it has truly been a tumultuous couple of seasons with all of the pain and strife of COVID-19, and related horrors.  however, we have all seem to have made it out unscathed.  THANK YOU for the kind sentiment and love!  keep calm, and carry on...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1