Montrose Collective: Office Building With Retail At 888 Westheimer Rd.

trymahjong

12 hours ago, jmancuso said:

So I assume the building(s) Uchi, Hue Salon, etc are in are going to stay and be incorporated into new development? 

As for the Freed Montrose Library, I hope whoever moves into that space when the library moves restores it because it's a great building and definitely worth saving. 

No confirmation on what will happen to the structure. Not clear if sold to a developer or not.

Edit: I is wrong

Black Labrador Closes

1 hour ago, Montrose1100 said:

No confirmation on what will happen to the structure. Not clear if sold to a developer or still owned by the UoST.

Black Labrador Closes

It (the Freed Library building) has never been owned by UoST. It is owned by the City.  Related to this move to the Montrose Collective, the current building may be sold to the University of St. Thomas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, there is another map that showed that the burger joint and its loveable-but-janky parking lot will be staying where it is. Learned this the other day, if you go there on a bike, you get 10% off. One can hope maybe the collective retail/cafe people see that and decide to also do that...you know...to encourage walkability and stuff.

Impressive, and maybe shows a bit of what the developers are about, that they are preserving the trees. They know how to get to a montrose resident's heart. 

Edit: this was what I was referring to, which I think shows BJ is being left alone but maybe not the parking lot. 

UwtFPoT - Imgur.jpg

Edited by X.R.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CRE-Sleuth said:

Long time lurker of the forum...first time poster. The main office tenant is Live Nation, they will be taking ~75K SF on floors 4,5 & 6.

Oh wow, that's crazy. They were supposed to be a tenant in a large downtown project but this is def a nice project if I was to pick where I wanted to work. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CRE-Sleuth said:

Long time lurker of the forum...first time poster. The main office tenant is Live Nation, they will be taking ~75K SF on floors 4,5 & 6.

Hi and welcome!!! and wowsa perfect fit for that area 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gene said:

Hi and welcome!!! and wowsa perfect fit for that area 

It's definitely a much better fit than where they're currently at in 2000 W Loop S! And thank you for the welcoming. This forum has helped me in the past, I figured it was time to start participating and contributing.

Edited by CRE-Sleuth
  • Like 6

27 minutes ago, CRE-Sleuth said:

It's definitely a much better fit than where they're currently at in 2000 W Loop S! And thank you for the welcoming. This forum has helped me in the past, I figured it was time to start participating and contributing.

😂 "joined 46 minutes ago". First post was a quick one.

1 hour ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Next to WeWork, I have to say that LiveNation opening offices here is massive! Young people in this city want cool places to work and we're finally starting to get those places. 

You mean AIG at Waugh and Allen Parkway isn’t cool???

2 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Well even better. lol

Anyone have info on the tech company leasing space?

Live Nation is the tech company that the article was referring to.

• Haha 2