Montrose Collective: Office Building With Retail At 888 Westheimer Rd.

trymahjong

2 hours ago, gene said:

wow! at this point this thing will be built before that Nidda Thai plaza down the street reopens! haha! 

I'm guessing this will be predominately made of steel construction. If that is the case then this will go up pretty quickly. An example right now of just how quickly this can be done is the Emancipation Center One thread. Those guys are flying. Its nice seeing a little more steel construction on these jobs. Not everything has to be concrete. Steel just goes up so much faster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The only place I've witnessed concrete pours is downtown, which doesn't have much traffic on weekends, and plenty of alternate routes.
I assume at some point there will have to be a pour for this project, and it seems like the logistics will be more difficult in a densely occupied area with few thoroughfares. 
Any thoughts on how this will be accomplished?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dbigtex56 said:

The only place I've witnessed concrete pours is downtown, which doesn't have much traffic on weekends, and plenty of alternate routes.
I assume at some point there will have to be a pour for this project, and it seems like the logistics will be more difficult in a densely occupied area with few thoroughfares. 

Do you mean massive concrete mat foundations or whole concrete buildings because I can't remember the last high rise that was built anywhere in Houston that wasn't reinforced concrete.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dbigtex56 said:

it's not going to need a huge mat like the buildings downtown, so i imagine the trucks will line up on Grant and Crocker streets.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, dbigtex56 said:

With how deep they are digging (at least 1 floor below ground), this will have a mat pour for whole foundation. If they are going to do this then this means that the entire basement level will be parking, and then with the steel on site we can assume that the building will be steel construction after that.

https://www.chron.com/business/bizfeed/article/Radom-Capital-secures-174-75M-in-financing-for-15099160.php#photo-18374391

Houston-based Radom Capital obtained $105 million in financing for the Montrose Collective, a mixed-use development that incorporates old and new buildings in one of Houston's trendiest neighborhoods, commercial real estate firm JLL announced.

JLL Capital Markets secured the construction loan with Bank OZK and joint venture equity from institutional investors advised by J.P. Morgan Asset Management.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Avossos said:

what old building are they 'incorporating'... i know there are some they tore down... Maybe that counts? hah.

Maybe incorporating the ash from burning the previous structures into the concrete? lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, architeckton said:

The "Montrose Collective" incorporates Uchi, Hue, Rosemont, Southside Espresso, etc... 

And they will definitely be linked as those businesses will now have their car-based consumers using the new central garage since the parking lot is being turned into the library structure. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tumbleweed_Tx said:

it's not going to need a huge mat like the buildings downtown, so i imagine the trucks will line up on Grant and Crocker streets.

I believe that is what was done for the mat pours of the two towers next to Kroger on Montrose. They will just line up the trucks on less busy streets and schedule it for the least busy time. 

• Like 3

On 3/19/2020 at 11:13 AM, gene said:

I wondered if this crazy virus situation was affecting any of the current construction going on...but i guess not! thanks for the update!

I think the stuff that is already started or has full financing could be alright but all of the proposed stuff is definitely on shaky ground.  

• Like 7