FlixBus - Routes and Updates

Since FLIXBUS has come into town with routes to San Antonio, New Orleans, etc... Thought I'd start a dedicated thread on FLIXBUS in Houston and routes that it currently has online, proposing, or planning to implement. FLIXBUS was a big part of my experience while in Europe. Great service, cheap, but at the same time its an excellent run company. There business model is like a JetBlue for airlines where they try to streamline business costs as much as possible in order to keep prices as low as possible. They also avoid owning any real estate or property with terminals to maintain flexibility. Here are available routes right now:

4trpe2D.jpg

Texas - Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, and San Antonio ($0.99 fare)

Louisiana - Baton Rouge, New Orleans ($4.99 fare)

Mississippi - Biloxi ($4.99 fare)

In recent news, FLIXBUS is looking to start a route from Houston to Galveston. More in the article:

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/news/transportation/2019/06/26/337548/officials-look-at-a-new-option-for-houston-to-galveston-bus-service/

I image this will also be a $0.99 fare. The Houston location hasn't been decided yet. Galveston location will be 25th Street near the Cruise Terminals and The Strand.

How is their model/service any different from Megabus? The Galveston piece would be a nice addition.

Finding some interesting things about how Flixbus operates in Europe:

The Berlin-based company contracts with existing carriers to rebrand themselves as “Flixbuses,” with Flixbus assuming responsibility for pricing, scheduling, and promotion. To be part of Flixbus, carriers are required to adhere to a rigid set of quality control guidelines.

Also found reference that they bought Megabus in Europe, but it appears they are a competitor in the States?

8 minutes ago, skwatra said:

How is their model/service any different from Megabus? The Galveston piece would be a nice addition.

Finding some interesting things about how Flixbus operates in Europe:

Also found reference that they bought Megabus in Europe, but it appears they are a competitor in the States?

Megabus ran on the same model as Flixbus. Flixbus is way more aggressive with their routes though from what I've seen. Its just great to have another option. I'm definitely going to take their routes to San Antonio, Austin, or New Orleans for weekend trips. I also just genuinely like them as a service.

• The title was changed to FlixBus - Routes and Updates

Archived