Future Development Site At 365 N. Post Oak Ln.

34 minutes ago, Triton said:

Did.........did they edit out all the cars on the road?

You know what. I just went to the "Globe" function on google maps and in top down view and 3d view ALL cars are gone from nearly all roads! Its pretty spooky actually. The only cars are ones that are parked. Don't know how they do that.

I'm surprised the promo map doesn't show the proposed Post Oak Bus Rapid Transit expansion running along the west side of the lot. I would think that's a major selling point for most likely buyers of that lot.

1 hour ago, Alec said:

I'm surprised the promo map doesn't show the proposed Post Oak Bus Rapid Transit expansion running along the west side of the lot. I would think that's a major selling point for most likely buyers of that lot.

I was surprised too but then I started thinking... this is such a car-centric city. I think at this particular location, the ramp will be rising from the ground, eventually becoming a bridge section closer to Memorial... that would make it harder for cars to enter going north on N Post Oak or to exit to go north. That's the only reason I can think why they wouldn't show that ramp.

• 5 months later...

It's hard for me to imagine land here being worth the $75? or 100?/sf that it would seem like it would surely require for the condo owners to agree to a buyout compared to their market value as condos, especially with the access issues in this area.  This land is not really easy access to the west loop or I-10 in any sense, as you would think it would be on first glance.

3 hours ago, JJxvi said:

It's hard for me to imagine land here being worth the $75? or 100?/sf that it would seem like it would surely require for the condo owners to agree to a buyout compared to their market value as condos, especially with the access issues in this area.  This land is not really easy access to the west loop or I-10 in any sense, as you would think it would be on first glance.

This. I know someone who lives there. I hate going over there because it oddly sucks getting in and out. Streets also flood really bad right there. I would definitely stay south of the bayou. 

This site would require a stop to built on Post Oak Rd to have any access to BRT.  It's almost a mile walk (and an uncomfortable one at that) to the NW Transit center and almost 2 miles walk the other direction to the first stop at Uptown Park. You'd likely need to take the bus (assuming a line still exists long term running directly parallel to BRT when all is said and done) to get to the bus.

• The title was changed to Future Development Site At 365 N. Post Oak Ln.

Archived