Urbannizer

Senterra Richmond: New Mixed-Use at Buffalo Speedway & Richmond

I’ve been wondering when that site would be redeveloped! It’s right next to Greenway Plaza, directly south of the former XOM research campus development. Very prime piece of property. 

• Like 7

20 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

Site for Senterra Richmond via street view:

a1XNdAW.jpg

Via street view this building was vacated sometime between November 2007 and April 2011. Anyone know who occupied the space back then?

I went there about 10 years ago for physical therapy.  Memorial Sports Clinic (formerly the Roger Clemens Sports Clinic) directed me there, so some arm of Memorial may have been leasing it.   

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 6/13/2019 at 12:32 PM, htownproud said:

I went there about 10 years ago for physical therapy.  Memorial Sports Clinic (formerly the Roger Clemens Sports Clinic) directed me there, so some arm of Memorial may have been leasing it.   

TIRR Rehabilitation was on the county records.

The last tenant was Parking Systems of America.

Edited by ekdrm2d1
  • Like 1

This was originally a cafeteria (Jetton's, I believe).  I remember going there as a kid with my dad in the '70s.  A lot of workers at the new Greenway Plaza ate there.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, slcowart416 said:

This was originally a cafeteria (Jetton's, I believe).  I remember going there as a kid with my dad in the '70s.  A lot of workers at the new Greenway Plaza ate there.

That might explain the huge parking lot.

• Like 2

I don't know if this has been stated, but it doesn't seem this will include the actual corner itself. The bank wasn't fenced off. I don't know if this will be case going forward, maybe the bank is just finishing its lease, but if it remains there will be a real awkward corner just like what we are seeing at Novel River Oaks. Those darn corner banks! The same is going to be the case with gas stations. You gotta feel that at some point people will remember just how valuable corner lots are.

• Like 1

More demo from my angle... Wish I had a better zoom lens than an iPhone but will make due.

So if I’m understanding right, the BBT building will remain? Unfortunate they won’t have the entire plot of land in that case. Hope their design incorporates acquiring it later on.

05FC8B22-3115-4B31-80AB-1B4F6408DBDB.jpeg

ED2628B1-8818-434F-8E45-540AE2A7046D.jpeg

Edited by Geoff8201
  • Like 6