Invitation For Houston Mods

stolitx

I'm having a Holiday Open House. Sunday the 18th from 2:00 - 6:00

7834 Santa Elena in rockin' Glenbrook Valley.

Please keep in mind that the house is a work in progress so don't expect a Dwell-layout ready abode. But there are tons of orginal fixtures.

The house is easy to find, you can't miss the flat-roof just off Broadway. If you want specific directions, just shoot me a message at Shannon.McNair@ncmc.com

I'm having a Holiday Open House. Sunday the 18th from 2:00 - 6:00

7834 Santa Elena in rockin' Glenbrook Valley.

Please keep in mind that the house is a work in progress so don't expect a Dwell-layout ready abode. But there are tons of orginal fixtures.

The house is easy to find, you can't miss the flat-roof just off Broadway. If you want specific directions, just shoot me a message at Shannon.McNair@ncmc.com

Don't forget to add it to the calendar.

• 2 weeks later...

The Holiday Open House at Stolitx's was fun and well attended. Thank you, Stolitx. Was anyone there from Houston Mod or HAIF other than RPS and me?

The house is like a small compound. Once behind the front wall, there is a large courtyard to the right that leads to the living room. Another huge courtyard is to the left with a 1950's swimming pool, lots of patio area, all lined on two sides by glass and doors from the L-shaped house. It's really nice how all the rooms open into the pool area. The living room opens into both outdoor areas. It almost looks like a vintage motel with all the doors opening out to the pool patio. (I mean that as a complement and collect old motel postcards.) The partly open garage/carport near the pool deck would be useful as a party room. When the weather is nice, it would be a neat house for an indoor/outdoor party. I am fascinated by the low voltage electrical system and switches and would like to see it's specifications.

I thought there were some photographs on HAIF of the house but could not find them.

We drove around the neighborhood and saw the house RPS saved. It is nice looking. It has a deeply inset doorknob, perfect for a starburst escutcheon. The Recipitron house looks good but we were horrified by the one next door. Wasn't that the famous magazine show home? It's now a tragedy- just the WORST possible remodel I have ever seen. Surely that should be enough to get the neighbors to strengthen the deed restrictions.

Oh don't get me started on that BH&G house that has been turned into a Hardi-plank palace.

If you didn't go, you missed a great party and a great house. It's always interesting to see the different houses down there since one is totally different from the next & you never know what they will look like inside.

DSCN0147.jpg

Archived