X Houston: Residential High-Rise At 5501 La Branch St.

Urbannizer

6 hours ago, AFriendlyNeighbor said:

How does this building’s approximate dimensions compare to the nearby Boone Manor? Is it a smaller foot print but taller? Twice the height?

Boone Manor took up the whole block, X is about 1/3 of the block.

• Like 7

On 7/28/2022 at 4:24 AM, monarch said:

spacer.png

^^^ i have REALLY been awaiting this awesome development to begin.  IMO, this particular project is going to not only change this very quiet and somewhat stoic area, but add a very significant modern eclectic spark and rejuvenation to the overall MUSEUM DISTRICT.  X MARKS THE SPOT! 

You clearly don't live in the neighborhood.  The Boone Manor development was a nightmare, damaging houses, creating truck traffic at 5am on weekend mornings, and filling yards with trash for two years.  This project is going to destroy Lucille's, add 1,000+ daily car trips on roads that simply aren't designed to handle it, and finish off this part of the museum district as a nice place to live.  Yes, it looks damn cool, but it has no business being in this part of town.  

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Tim F said:

You clearly don't live in the neighborhood.  The Boone Manor development was a nightmare, damaging houses, creating truck traffic at 5am on weekend mornings, and filling yards with trash for two years.  This project is going to destroy Lucille's, add 1,000+ daily car trips on roads that simply aren't designed to handle it, and finish off this part of the museum district as a nice place to live.  Yes, it looks damn cool, but it has no business being in this part of town.  

"1,000+ daily car trips"  well, damn... this already sounds like progress to me...

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Tim F said:

The above responses aside, I live in neighborhood, and yeah the noise sucked, the dust from the construction sucked, the damage to our grass sucked, centerpoint messing up our power sucked, etc. But now, I haven't noticed an increase in cars, noise, or really anything that I was told comes with a development like this. To the point that I'm somewhat worried about Boone Manor's lease rate. I have noticed, when its not hotter than hell outside, are more neighborhood walkers in the area, more people with small dogs holding full stem wine glasses (I know that typically means gentrification but what do you call it for an area like Museum District?), large sidewalks, light at night when I'm walking my dog, etc. It's gonna suck for Lucile's but they'll be fine. They made it through Covid. And with a bunch more people across the street, they may be busier than ever.

I loved old lady Boone but cmon, at the hostel on that property they had like two rando fires in the middle of the night within 6 months, it was very dark, and people were coming and going all times of night. 

Edited by X.R.
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, Tim F said:

The construction will be tough on Lucille's, but if they can get through the short-term, they'll be in a much better place long term. Having 600 customers across the street should boost their business (and other restaurants in the area).

This neighborhood is almost entirely comprised of townhomes built in the last 10 years - always a head scratcher when the neighborhood complains about density and gentrification. In regards to traffic, you literally live in the museum district - the next block over is the Children's Museum. This neighborhood is a destination.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, hindesky said:

43uboQz.jpg

I would really like to see a project go up with marketing in the vein of Very Good Building Company, from Parks and Rec.

Something like "This will be a good building. Many people will live here. Some people will work here. Some people will buy things here. There will be a pool for swimming."

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

My Eyes Pain GIF

It would look so much better if they went with a more industrial design on the top floors to match the garage, this looks like a garage wearing a fancy hat :( 

Still have hope it will come out better than the rendering :( 

Edited by Amlaham
  • Like 6

Did some research and these buildings usually have really neat amenities (idk if this is already the norm)

• Fully furnished units (if desired)
  • In house crew professional cleaning 
  • An app for the building that lets you unlock doors, register for classes, or chat with the building crew 
  • Huge co-working space + private work space 
  • Not only a gym, but private lockers and a studio that offers classes like pilates, yoga, kick boxing, etc.

Also, if anyone wants a perspective what it might look like, the X Phoenix is somewhat similar to our renderings except their garage is covered and it's a bit shorter. 

Phoenix

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 10.25.21 AM

Denver

x-denver-denver-co-building-photo

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1