X Houston: Residential High-Rise At 5501 La Branch St.

Urbannizer

So did the design change that much because of the denied variance? If compared to what they put out earlier, it looks muuuuuch different. Or were the initial renderings just that, and now its been value designed? If you guys check page one of the thread, the proposed stuff hides the podium and has waaaay more windows.

The X people did say that if the variances were denied, they would have to make several changes and concessions. I want to go to the neighborhood meeting just to see the smoke come out of people's ears because they thought they defeated this thing. The oncoming covid and oil related issues may still kill it, if anyone is holding out for this not to be built. 

Edited by X.R.
  • Like 2

I am picking up what most of y'all are laying down. (However I might like the Houston House as an observer and non-habitue.) 

But I guess I feel like I'm less enchanted with the facade than I am un-enchanted with the garage. 

Is that more (much more) garage than is necessary to conform with regs? Or are they just doing all that garage for the hell of it? 

Edited by EllenOlenska
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, EllenOlenska said:

I am picking up what most of y'all are laying down. (However I might like the Houston House as an observer and non-habitue.) 

But I guess I feel like I'm less enchanted with the facade than I am un-enchanted with the garage. 

Is that more (much more) garage than is necessary to conform with regs? Or are they just doing all that garage for the hell of it? 

If they could get away with less garage, they probably would try it. However I have no doubt that the complete non-attempt at making this garage appealing was on purpose to spite the neighborhood.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
11 hours ago, X.R. said:

Completion date 9/15/2022 sounds a bit soon doesn't it? For a 33 story building on land that has yet really show any movement...

I cannot believe this is still moving forward with that design 😀

they aren’t permitted yet and have only been through one round of comments, so I think it’ll be late fall ground breaking, at earliest. 

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 4/19/2020 at 3:51 PM, HNathoo said:

https://xliving.co/communities/x-houston/

MUSEUM DISTRICT, HOUSTON
5501 La Branch St.
OPENING SPRING 2022
722 BEDS

Live the high (rise) life at X Houston. Located in the cultural epicenter of Houston; the Museum District, X Houston is just a short bike ride from Hermann Park.

The elevated amenity club at X sets the bar for lifestyle, luxury, and learning with three stories featuring a full-service fitness center, dedicated co-working and creative space, and a stunning pool deck with food and drinks on site.

With all of these amenities under one roof, X Houston is set to be the city’s next destination location.

X Houston Front.jpg

X Houston Pool.jpg

X Houston Gym.jpg

The link is now dead. I wonder if this one died with the market/COVID along with the protesting neighbors.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

• Highrise Tower changed the title to X Houston: Proposed Residential High-Rise For The Museum District At 5501 La Branch
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Highrise Tower changed the title to X Houston: Residential High-Rise At 5501 La Branch St.
  • 2 months later...