X Houston: Residential High-Rise At 5501 La Branch St.

Urbannizer

1 hour ago, bobruss said:

So it would be directly across the street from Lucilles in their parking lot?

I suspect as much. Lucille's and its adjoining parcels each have different owners.  The half-block across from Lucille's is owned by "USPS Hospital Holdings, LLC."  I recall seeing a "For Sale" sign there a couple months back.  I wonder if someone is doing their diligence on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ZRFkris said:

Hopefully after the city hall annex meeting they will have renderings for us. Maybe before since they would most likely present them at the meeting, correct?

I'm going to guess they will present at the museum district neighborhood meeting too, since basically all the development in the area puts on a presentation for them at least for meet and greet purposes.

Its crazy that the area by Bodega's isn't filled (theres a pizza place coming), yet they are building retail here (and it will probably thrive). Whats wrong with the office building owners over by Bodega's? I'm hoping this retail is something like actual retail/health oriented business (yoga or something). It would do well there, its so close to the park and the neighborhood and the apartments next to it are filled with people from the med center. Heck, Boone's bicycle did well for 50 years. 

Edited by X.R.
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to X Houston: Proposed Residential High-Rise for the Museum District at 5501 LaBranch
4 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

More renderings and site map of X Houston, the proposed residential and mixed use at 5501 La Branch in the Museum District, Houston.

From this month's City of Houston planning commission agenda.

Calumet Looking West
6tpT0Tr.jpg
(direct link)

Much appreciated, @CrockpotandGravel!  I like the artistic design over the parking garage that pops out in this rendering.

This one's in an interesting location.  It's just north of the new Origin Bank along Binz, and catty corner to that nice medical professional building housing MF Sushi.  To the north across Calumet, there's the spine hospital.   To the north of that would be Allen Harrison's upcoming 13-story midrise Boone Manor.  The Palazzo condos sit catty-corner to the northwest.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bobruss said:

Luminaire, here's some energy!

I was just thinking how ironic it was that it was discussed that the Museum district was a little slow compared to the other hot spots...

I think the crowd / vibe feels a little old in the museum district. These new projects might bring some life and make the area feel a bit more welcoming to all.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, houstontexasjack said:

This local, for one, supports this project.

I was just thinking what does jack think of this. I can't think of why there would be much in terms of pushback other than...is there no ground floor retail? That would help the neighborhood welcome them with arms wide open. 

It is a jaw droppingly beautiful rendering though. I wish the announcements would talk about style or say what was the inspiration for the design. That would be cool. 

Edited by X.R.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bobruss said:

Luminaire, here's some energy!

1 hour ago, Avossos said:

I was just thinking how ironic it was that it was discussed that the Museum district was a little slow compared to the other hot spots...

I think the crowd / vibe feels a little old in the museum district. These new projects might bring some life and make the area feel a bit more welcoming to all.

Thats how hot this city is. One moment you think everything is slowing down and then, boom! One moment you think an area is dead or silent and then, boom!

Its slick looking for sure. Reminds me of things that are going up in Austin right now. I think a very slick clean look is right for Museum District. Interested to see more about this mesh that they want to put around the garage.

This area still has a ways to go, but I also liked @X.R. comments on the other thread (which I still will respond too). That was exactly the kind of info I was looking for.

• Like 5