s3mh

Morgan Yale: Yale at W 4th St.

I noticed someone putting up some fencing around this property this morning.  The northern section was demoed a few months back. The property is now owned by YALE & I 10 PROPERTY MANAGEMENT LLC, which looks to be related to or controlled by this guy:  www.caspian-enterprises.com.  

• Like 1

according Caspian website they make some nice looking brick buildings...so hopefully something like that pops up at Yale...

• Like 1

The site just to the west of the nursery has been cleared. Anyone know what is planned for this site?

I just noticed the other day that there is a TPDES permit posted by the national tree and shrub building.  It is for warehouse demolition and runs from Oct 2015 to Oct 2016.  national tree and shrub is a bit of a vagabond business.  They were last up around I-10 and 610 until the owner developed the property.  I doubt they have a long term lease on this property, but see no signs of them moving or any other activity other than the TPDES permit.

The owner of the nursery is on Nextdoor claiming that he is going to redevelop the property into "one of Houston's largest outdoor entertainment venues including a coffee shop, several bars, food, food trucks , sand volleyball, darts, music venues ,yoga classes, dog park all centered around working greenhouse, pottery, plants, flowers and even a floral area."  Hats off to them for a bold redevelopment plan.  I always expected a strip center or gas station.  But I wonder whether people will want to hang out right under I-10.

• Like 1

My wife just told me about this today via next door. Reading the plan, as mentioned above, plus the 120 parking spaces he mentions on ND I have no idea how that will all fit...

I do like the idea of right turn lane that they mentioned on next door lol. Drives me crazy waiting behind someone to go straight. 

15 minutes ago, Urbannizer said:

Based off the map above, National Tree & Shrubs will be demolished for the development to move forward.

1WYBgdr.jpg

There's been talk of this property for so many years here on this forum. It will be interesting to see if something finally moves forward here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mattyt36 said:

Has their Rosemont project broken ground yet?

Negative. They also have a high-rise proposed for Midtown.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1