Adaptive Reuse Development - 3501 Harrisburg Blvd.

Also,  I asked what Orgeat was, and it's a syrup made from almonds. They are making it from scratch. They poured a little in a shot glass for me to try and it was thick like honey. Evidently they cook down a bunch of almonds then take the liquid and add sugar and sometimes some other flavors and cook it until it thickens. 

The cocktail pictured was the Trinidad Sour which has it in it. 

On 7/23/2021 at 6:06 PM, wilcal said:

Also,  I asked what Orgeat was, and it's a syrup made from almonds. They are making it from scratch. They poured a little in a shot glass for me to try and it was thick like honey. Evidently they cook down a bunch of almonds then take the liquid and add sugar and sometimes some other flavors and cook it until it thickens. 

The cocktail pictured was the Trinidad Sour which has it in it. 

Orgeat is mostly used for mai tais.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, ljchou said:

Heard through the longest grapevine that Bobby Heugel (anvil, squable, blt, tongue cut sparrow) may be eyeing the former Night Shift location to try for a similar concept.

Shit, so it is officially gone? So sad and stupid. 

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, wilcal said:

Shit, so it is officially gone? So sad and stupid. 

No idea. I heard this from my boyfriend in insurance so there’s literally zero way to verify his statements. What he said is it sounds like it because it was so successful they’re trying to partially revive it? Not sure if it would be a new concept or similar. Feels like bad juju to reopen as is.

Imagine having one of the hottest places in town, being featured in multiple publications in such a short time (featured in Texas Monthly), and, as management, being so bad at your job that you didn't realize your staff would leave if the talent left. I'm sure both sides had their issues, but still, just incredibly bad. Agree with @EaDolivin, if I was new ownership I'd just get the gang together, seems very plug and play.

On 5/12/2022 at 5:37 PM, ljchou said:

No idea. I heard this from my boyfriend in insurance so there’s literally zero way to verify his statements. What he said is it sounds like it because it was so successful they’re trying to partially revive it? Not sure if it would be a new concept or similar. Feels like bad juju to reopen as is.

FWIW, I've also heard this through a grapevine... which may if traced back far enough be the same grapevine as yours, who knows. Also FWIW, Bobby denies it.

• Like 2

https://houstonfoodfinder.com/bars/local-brewery-near-downtown-houston-gets-new-owners-an-executive-chef/

Looks like Night Shift's loss is Local Group's gain.

"Distincture Hospitality has also hired chef Daniel Leal, formerly of Night Shift bar, to oversee a new “casual comfort” menu, set to debut in June. (Until then, the kitchen remains closed.)"

• Like 1

In order to resume serving food, the trio hired chef Danny Leal. Known for his creative dishes at shuttered cocktail bar Night Shift, Leal will roll out a new menu of casual fare starting in June.

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/05-26-22-local-group-brewing-brewpub-restaurant-new-owner-distincture-hospitality/

On 5/28/2022 at 8:56 AM, HoustonMidtown said:

In order to resume serving food, the trio hired chef Danny Leal. Known for his creative dishes at shuttered cocktail bar Night Shift, Leal will roll out a new menu of casual fare starting in June.

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/05-26-22-local-group-brewing-brewpub-restaurant-new-owner-distincture-hospitality/

I am so butthurt I’ll never experience those enchiladas again

10 hours ago, ljchou said:

I am so butthurt I’ll never experience those enchiladas again

It's also possible you might be less butthurt, depending on your alimentary reaction to said enchiladas🤣

• Haha 1

• The title was changed to 3501 Harrisburg Blvd.
  • 1 month later...
On 5/12/2022 at 8:38 AM, ljchou said:

Heard through the longest grapevine that Bobby Heugel (anvil, squable, blt, tongue cut sparrow) may be eyeing the former Night Shift location to try for a similar concept.

On 5/19/2022 at 2:17 AM, Andrew Ewert said:

FWIW, I've also heard this through a grapevine... which may if traced back far enough be the same grapevine as yours, who knows. Also FWIW, Bobby denies it.

Agricole Hospitality may have plans to revive Night Shift or open another bar or dining concept at 3501 Harrisburg Blvd, Suite A. A new entity connected to Agricole Hospitality was filed last month. The entity seems to hint at the company's possible involvement.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...