Velvet Taco At 2626 West Loop S.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be AMAZING to lose BOTH! That gas station is home to at least 2 wreckers at all times just waiting on accidents to happen from all the ways in and out of there...and the people that cut through to bypass westheimer traffic getting onto the 610/59 entrance feeder. 

and of course what can i say about Zone other than how in the heck is that place still in business?! It HAS to be a front for "something else" as i don't think i have ever seen anyone actually go in there! 😮

12 minutes ago, skooljunkie said:

If the Dillard's site is included, my money is on a 96-pump Buc-ee's Uptown featuring exclusive Texas glam boutiques.

Wishful thinking for Tesla's long promosed Uptown supercharger.

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, C List said:

Not sure if this is the right place, or if it has already  been mentioned,  but the Zone d Erotica has been vacated

Paradigm shift for Houston? That thing has been there forever...

28 minutes ago, C List said:

Not sure if this is the right place, or if it has already  been mentioned,  but the Zone d Erotica has been vacated

I think on some random thread someone posted a picture of some soil testing going on at the Shell Station next door, but no one mentioned that bit of info!

Hopefully this means we will see that eyesore finally bite the dust.

22 minutes ago, C List said:

The other day i went to Dillards and i was on the phone in the parking lot and told my friend on the phone: "see?! no one is ever at this place!!! how do they stay in business?!..." and then as i walked up i noticed they had completely vacated!!!!!!!! I was so excited i forgot my friend was on the phone and put it in my pocket and was looking in the windows before i realized they were still live on the line haha!!! I say they bulldoze that whole corner and start over! (yes, zone d' erotica, the gas station AND Dillards!!! they should just build a brand new sparkly shiny dillards with a sky bridge to connect to the galleria!)

46 minutes ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

I remember both fondly.

Does anyone know what's planned here? Does this mean the demise of the Dillard's store in that spot too?

Stranger things have happened than a store in a dying industry (department stores) that has seen business suffer from road construction, sitting on ultra-prime land, should decide to sell. But the soil testing rig is on a different property, so without any other evidence...

Update: The Zone d'Erotica was sold on May 14th to an entity whose address is that of Twin Peaks Restaurant (5151 Belt Line Rd, Suite 1200, Dallas, TX). So this will most likely be a Twin Peaks, which I guess is a slight step up from Zone d'Erotica. My source indicates the Shell station is also involved in the acquisition, but that would be a different seller if so.

14 minutes ago, H-Town Man said:

Update: The Shell station and Zone d'Erotica were sold together on May 14th to an entity whose address is that of Twin Peaks Restaurant (5151 Belt Line Rd, Suite 1200, Dallas, TX). So this will most likely be a Twin Peaks, which I guess is a slight step up from Zone d'Erotica.

Maybe half a step.  Ugghh

What's the name of the entity?

WOWSA! I will say that Moxie's is mid to high end and consistently busy so maybe a Twin Peaks or casual sports bar of some kind will be good for the area...I mean anything is better than Zone D' Erotica for the most part, right?!

Which btw i wonder if Zone had a going out of business sale...if so I am sad i missed it! haha 😋🙈🤣🔞‼️

7 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

Oh, yes.  I see the sale of the Zone.  I cannot find a sale of the Shell station.

My source could be wrong, it could be just the Zone. Also I should mention that the same company that does Twin Peaks (Front Burner Restaurants) has some other restaurant concepts such as Whiskey Cake, so it could be one of those, but my bet for freeway frontage is Twin Peaks.

2 minutes ago, H-Town Man said:

My source could be wrong, it could be just the Zone. Also I should mention that the same company that does Twin Peaks (Front Burner Restaurants) has some other restaurant concepts such as Whiskey Cake, so it could be one of those, but my bet for freeway frontage is Twin Peaks.

The Zone site alone would not be big enough for a Twin Peaks...  Will be interesting to watch this develop.

1 minute ago, Houston19514 said:

The Zone site alone would not be big enough for a Twin Peaks...  Will be interesting to watch this develop.

The owner of the Shell does not appear on any deed records from this year so they may not be involved, or that property may still be under contract. The soil sampling is on their site so that points to their being involved. Unusual for a restaurant to buy out a gas station for land.

1 hour ago, NoMoHouTx said:

There's a Twin Peaks right down the road at Kirby/59.....would it make sense to have two so close together??

I would definitely say yes as both areas are highly populated and for the most part that other Twin Peaks is always busy especially during sports events to the point where you are turned away...so I think one could be located by the Galleria and be fine! 

Archived