HAIF - Houston's original social media

610 at Westheimer, former Zone D'Erotica to become Velvet Taco

hey today i was driving by this overwhelmed with my disappointment in them leaving up the rock columns haha and i had some thoughts...and personal opinions on this...

i truly think they missed out on finally making something special and even yes, classy, to fit the Uptown area... 

the way they did the roof coming down so low really makes the place look small and darker than if they would have done a higher window line and a cleaner look...as now it looks like a Pizza Hut building and wish they would have done something more like the Montrose location with high ceilings and larger windows.

Also and i am sure some might disagree, but the LARGE east facing window wall should have been made to face west...as i personally would rather have a large window facing the uptown area and building and yes, even the Dillards parking lot than facing the speeding cars and freeway wall...plus now all the people walking along Post Oak and Westheimer and going to Dillards only see the ugly back side of the building and may not be aware that there is even a Velvet Taco there (the huge sign for now only faces north and south...maybe they should put a big square shaped sign on top of the pole to have the sign face all directions?)...

anyway sorry for the rambling but i just personally feel they missed the mark on this and a huge opportunity to have something really special added to my great and favorite area of town :) ) 

we will see if i still feel the same when i am actually going there to get my favorite chicken and waffles taco, stay tuned ha! 

🌮

• Like 3
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see what you did there.   

Update: The Zone d'Erotica was sold on May 14th to an entity whose address is that of Twin Peaks Restaurant (5151 Belt Line Rd, Suite 1200, Dallas, TX). So this will most likely be a Twin Peaks, which

'Velvet Taco' sounds like an article that could have been sold at Zone d'Erotica.

Posted Images

Well everyone, it's official, Velvet Taco saw my posts and angrily decided to really get back at me by painting the rock columns HOT PINK and the building and ugly green (and this coming from someone that loves green)...

i WISH i was kidding...

🤢

so yep, Hot Pink and Green Velvet Taco...

how fun for them 

haha

🤡

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, gene said:

Well everyone, it's official, Velvet Taco saw my posts and angrily decided to really get back at me by painting the rock columns HOT PINK and the building and ugly green (and this coming from someone that loves green)...

i WISH i was kidding...

🤢

so yep, Hot Pink and Green Velvet Taco...

how fun for them 

haha

🤡

Not true unless we get some pics from you.....:P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

🤪 haha!

and this morning drove by those (in-)famous rock columns to see progress on the building...

they are moving along pretty quickly and think it will be another month before it is mostly completed...so looking at an "early next year" opening i bet...

also it SEEMS that the north facing side might be the actual entrance...it will then face the gas station? who knows as i am confused and need to go by there when i can get out of my vehicle and do some investigating ;) 

edit to add: Crud, they really do read this forum as they have now added a new bright color to the buiding... almost NEON YELLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good grief!!!! haha! 

I am hoping when this place is done i will go, well dang i was wrong...this is super fun and adds some much needed character to uptown...

🙃

Edited by gene