Hilton Americas At 1600 Lamar St.

samagon

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

elnina999 has added a photo to the pool:

Lobby bar at the Hilton Americas - Houston

The view at the Lobby Bar with a massive art piece of a blue and gold world map, which is placed right behind the bar. Up close the artwork definitely has a Van Gogh feel to it. :)

The Hilton Americas-Houston was opened in 2003 and since then has served as one of the premier hotels in Downtown Houston. It is located right next door to the Toyota Center (home of the Rockets) and the George R. Brown Convention Center (which is connected via two skywalks).

View the full article

• 3 months later...

The Chronicle and ABC13 are reporting that it started with a car fire, but from the photos of the damage it looks to me like that equipment next to the car (generator or electrical box) probably started on fire first, and then it may have spread to the cars, as KPRC2 reported.  Strange that both seem equally certain about their contradictory reporting, though.

• Like 1

Nothing like seeing this while closing in from the north with a passenger who is among the I Never Drive Downtown It Scares Me people (who calmly navigates Woodway just outside the Loop daily), who then suddenly points at exits two lanes directly abeam and hollers "get off here - everybody's stopped" when it's just the usual Dallas Dip slowdown. :ph34r:🤠

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Hilton Hotel Parking Garage Fire In Downtown
  • The title was changed to Hilton Americas At 1600 Lamar St.