Bill Barajas joins NBC 2 KPRC-TV Houston: Are we're seeing a family dynasty in Houston TV News ?

Blue Dogs

ABC 12 KSAT-TV San Antonio's Bill Barajas will be joining NBC 2 KPRC-TV Houston & according to Mike McGuff of mikemguff.com., Barajas will be a reporter.

"In what might be the worst kept secret I'm happy to announce that after almost 9 years, I'm going HOME," Barajas wrote over the weekend. "I have accepted a job at KPRC Channel 2 in Houston. I have one week left at KSAT & while I'm beyond excited  to start the new gig I will forever love SA & the friends/co-workers that have become like a family to me."

He's also the son of former FOX 26 KRIV-TV Houston News Anchor Mike Barajas. "Bill is a graduate of the University of Houston just like his old man & he is following in the broadcasting footsteps," Mike Barajas told mikemcguff.com back in 2013 when Bill Barajas started at KSAT 12.

His cousin is also Ch. 13 KTRK-TV Houston News Anchor Erik Barajas. "Erik worked at KSAT before moving up to KTRK," Bill Barajas told mikemcguff.com in 2013. "He always talked about the first rate station that they run there."

In reality, the Barajas clan is now playing catchup in the Houston TV News dynasty world. While Erik & Bill are now working for Ch. 13 & NBC 2 respectively, both of these stations also employ Rascon's.

https://mikemcguff.blogspot.com/2019/05/bill-barajas-kprc-2.html

Archived