Fire Station At 1702 Washington Ave.

gto250us

Any one have any info on the old firestation at 1702 Washington? The place is an old brick station built in 1940. It is currently owned by Joe Presswood. He runs restaurant supply - autions in houston. I wonder if he has any plans for the building. It is small but has great character. Right next door at 1708, 1716 & 1722 condo/townhomes were built. It would be a shame for the firestation to go the same way.

Any one have any info on the old firestation at 1702 Washington? The place is an old brick station built in 1940. It is currently owned by Joe Presswood. He runs restaurant supply - autions in houston. I wonder if he has any plans for the building. It is small but has great character. Right next door at 1708, 1716 & 1722 condo/townhomes were built. It would be a shame for the firestation to go the same way.

I would have thought the building would have been older than 1940. I would be interested to know how they got the brick so clean. Boy I would love to live in that building.

I would have thought the building would have been older than 1940. I would be interested to know how they got the brick so clean. Boy I would love to live in that building.

You thought correctly.

Fire Station No. 6

sta6-2.jpg

In 1903, another No. 6 fire station was constructed at 1702 Washington Ave. and Ash Place. It was a "modern" single-bay, two-story brick building.

You thought correctly.

Fire Station No. 6 (see photo via link)

In 1903, another No. 6 fire station was constructed at 1702 Washington Ave. and Ash Place. It was a "modern" single-bay, two-story brick building.

that looks about right, 1903. The Harris County Tax office says that it was built in 1940. Leave it to the government to get it wrong.

• 8 years later...
  • The title was changed to Old Fire Station At 1702 Washington Ave.
  • The title was changed to Fire Station At 1702 Washington Ave.

Archived