Where Am I?

hindesky

29 minutes ago, hindesky said:

Great find, it's right next to the new Women's Hospital going up on Almeda. Here is the last one I took today. Let's see if your GPS is still intact.😜

KSvOSJh.jpg

That’s an easy one - Mickey Leland Federal Building. 😏

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hindesky said:

That is the correct building, mural is actually on 137 Nolan St. but Google Maps still shows a gray wall. Nevertheless you are the winner.

MU6cy4a.jpg

heW7saR.jpg

Yes, that made this quiz particularly difficult! I overlooked this building at first because Google Maps doesn’t reflect the current view. There was actually a clue in this photo that helped to solve it:

image.jpeg.381d2f5367f345ee9d6a48997bd13806.jpeg

Edited by danielsonr
  • Like 1

On 4/11/2020 at 4:23 PM, hindesky said:

Where Am I?

URrWyBj.jpg

Well, I have to admit I am stumped. I would guess that it is on the UH campus given the background and your bike route, but can’t find any evidence of this piece being a part of their collection.

2 hours ago, danielsonr said:

Well, I have to admit I am stumped. I would guess that it is on the UH campus given the background and your bike route, but can’t find any evidence of this piece being a part of their collection.

Hint:

Zdfogtc.jpg

Edited by hindesky

35 minutes ago, hindesky said:

Hint:

Zdfogtc.jpg

Ah, ok, just east of the College of Architecture building (I can’t figure out how to embed the map).

I could not find this listed as part of UH’s public art collection. Is it a student or faculty project?

Edited by danielsonr
Correct text

7 minutes ago, hindesky said:

I looked for a plaque but there isn't one, I too looked on the UH Public Art website and it's not on it. But here it is on Google Maps.

ElMtnYX.jpg

oyI1Qdb.jpg

I guess no one else is interested in playing this game. 🤔

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, danielsonr said:

I guess no one else is interested in playing this game. 🤔

I've been trying but I'm not familiar enough with some of this to have gotten any before you did.  Funny thing though, this last one I recognized right away, but after you had already answered. 

• Like 4