Sign in to follow this  
hindesky

Where Am I?

32 minutes ago, danielsonr said:

Top floor of parking garage, TWU Institute of Health Sciences

We have a winner, how did you get it?

xc7FYCo.jpg

The reflection of the Wyndham sign was the biggest clue. From there, Google street view confirmed the window pattern of the Intercontinental hotel. Actually, my first thought was it was the new garage just north of the Texas Tower under construction, with a reflection of the Chase tower. But, obviously, there is no Wyndham next door.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, danielsonr said:

The reflection of the Wyndham sign was the biggest clue. From there, Google street view confirmed the window pattern of the Intercontinental hotel. Actually, my first thought was it was the new garage just north of the Texas Tower under construction, with a reflection of the Chase tower. But, obviously, there is no Wyndham next door.

I purposely include that in my pic to make it easier for someone to guess where I was.😎 I was going to use it in a r/bikehouston Bike Tag game that I play, but may have to re-think it now. 

EInYVHF.jpg

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 3

You should do this once  week. It's a good exercise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, danielsonr said:

2202 Summer Street

I think I know a couple of the players represented here but I'm not sure, do you know who they are?

1 hour ago, hindesky said:

I think I know a couple of the players represented here but I'm not sure, do you know who they are?

Diego Maradona, Carlos Valderrama & Zinedine Zidane

20 minutes ago, gmac said:

Diego Maradona, Carlos Valderrama & Zinedine Zidane

I knew Maradona and Pele which isn't in the pic but didn't know the other 2.

9 minutes ago, hindesky said:

Where Am I?

co4lKwP.jpg

TMC Garage 4?

This should be an easy one, just look where my bike is, never mind the buildings around it.

PfBFdiJ.jpg

8 hours ago, danielsonr said:

The parking garage at the northwest corner of Milam and Clay

IwMeg7Y.jpg

The Wedge Parking Garage thus the bike wedged in the corner. 13 stories of leg burning height. Once thanked the attendant for letting me ride it and he said people did it all the time.

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.7553121,-95.3687845,3a,75y,290.14h,85.12t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sKHVvg11A3gVEHyxPlxl4zw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Ah, I never associated this garage with the Wedge building since it has an attached garage. But, now that god awful pink (?) color makes more sense.

• Like 1

I wish I could get into the 16 story next door but it's gates are locked on weekends. Love doing high rise parking garages since we don't have any hills around here. I used to live in the Hill country of Texas and miss the hills.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, hindesky said:

I wish I could get into the 16 story next door but it's gates are locked on weekends. Love doing high rise parking garages since we don't have any hills around here. I used to live in the Hill country of Texas and miss the hills.

We need to get you on instagram. This thread + your construction updates + crane things would be a great instagram to follow. Myself and a few others on here that have instagrams would agree with this.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Luminare said:

We need to get you on instagram. This thread + your construction updates + crane things would be a great instagram to follow. Myself and a few others on here that have instagrams would agree with this.

I signed up for one years ago but I can't remember my password and every time I try to use my email they tell me it's already in use, yeah me. I end up going around in circles and just give up.

27 minutes ago, hindesky said:

Guess where I was back in 2003?

5xa8PFY.jpg

Let's see...

On a crane or something near where Brays bayou hits Buffalo Bayou... near bridge on Broadway / Harrisburg Blvd over Brays Bayou?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Avossos said:

Let's see...

On a crane or something near where Brays bayou hits Buffalo Bayou... near bridge on Broadway / Harrisburg Blvd over Brays Bayou?

FvyHO3O.jpg

1 minute ago, hindesky said:

FvyHO3O.jpg

does this mean I am wrong? haha

12 minutes ago, Naviguessor said:

Bloodworth Ship Repair? 

It was actually Bludworth Bond Ship Repair originally but Bollinger Shipyard at the time.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Avossos said:

does this mean I am wrong? haha

No, you got the location exactly right. Originally Bludworth Bond Shipyard, then got bought out by Halter Marine, a year later became Friede Goldman Halter then Bollinger Shipyard and now run by Southwest Shipyard.

• Like 1

Is this at Navigation / Broadway and Hockley? Is that the same crane that is there now?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Naviguessor said:

half credit?

zCTP23p.jpg

Edited by hindesky
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, danielsonr said:

Is this at Navigation / Broadway and Hockley? Is that the same crane that is there now?

Yes, only one tower crane there now the other was taken down.

Ah, great. I spent too much time trying to figure out what the business was, but Google Maps / Streetview was not cooperating! 

• Like 1

Well, helium is used for MRI magnets and other medical uses, so I would assume somewhere in the Medical center, but I can’t find any location that looks like this on Google maps.

1 hour ago, danielsonr said:

MD Anderson Cancer Center - Visitor Parking Garage, 6900 Fannin St, Houston, TX 77030

EqWlcmr.jpg