Bowen River Oaks: Multifamily High-Rise At 2020 Westcreek Ln.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Lennar-s-apartment-division-buys-Galleria-area-13841951.php

The multifamily arm of homebuilding giant Lennar Corp. has purchased a two-acre site just inside the West Loop off San Felipe, records filed with Harris County show.

Lennar affiliate LMC Westcreek Holdings acquired the parcel at the corner of Westcreek and San Felipe from Westcreek HTX Real Estate Partners.

The site is across from the Arabella condominium tower 

Conflicting account of where exactly the site is located:

Late last year, Gables Residential started construction on a 14-story apartment building just north of the Lennar site

The Gables project is SOUTH of the parcel that's on the corner of Westcreek/San Felipe and across from Arabella. 

Based on HCAD it appears that the lot is in fact on the corner of Westcreek/San Felipe. See Parcel A (BELOW)

HCAD Account:    1349290010004
Owner Name:    WESTCREEK HTX REAL ESTATE PARTNERS -G LP
State Class:    F1
Appraised Value:    $ 9,012,872.00
Market Value:    $ 9,012,872.00
Address:    0 WESTCREEK LN
City:    HOUSTON
Zipcode:    77027
Subdivision:    GALLERIA / UPTOWN

12193101975_45530f7a3c_b.jpg

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, LBC2HTX said:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Lennar-s-apartment-division-buys-Galleria-area-13841951.php

Conflicting account of where exactly the site is located:

The Gables project is SOUTH of the parcel that's on the corner of Westcreek/San Felipe and across from Arabella. 

Based on HCAD it appears that the lot is in fact on the corner of Westcreek/San Felipe. See Parcel A (BELOW)

You can't expect a Chronicle real estate or transportation writer to know their directions . . .  🤯

Thanks for clarifying.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 2

I feel sorry for the people living in that immediate area. The traffic has gotta be killing them. I drive along that stretch of SF all the time, and it's a son of a biscuit trying to get onto San Felipe from the side streets.

And it's only going to get worse.

• Like 2

They put in a through street from Westcreek to the 610 feeder, so anyone who needs to make a left onto San Felipe from Westcreek can avoid doing so by taking the through street. Otherwise, making a right onto San Felipe isn't so bad. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Struggled to find the thread for this one, but here it is.

Structure Height: 286'

Work Schedule: 10/31/2019 - 10/31/2021

Structure Name: 2020 Westcreek Multifamily High-Rise

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=414592071&row=9

Good infill for Uptown, hopefully we can get a render some time soon. 

Edited by TheSirDingle
  • Like 9

15 hours ago, TheSirDingle said:

Struggled to find the thread for this one, but here it is.

Structure Height: 286'

Work Schedule: 10/31/2019 - 10/31/2021

Structure Name: 2020 Westcreek Multifamily High-Rise

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=414592071&row=9

Good infill for Uptown, hopefully we can get a render some time soon. 

This is around 20 stories then? Whats a good comparison of height?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, jmosele said:

It’ll be almost the exact same height as the SkyHouse 

Wow very nice. I'm sure the River Oaks district loves having all of these high rises going up next to it packing in a bunch of wealthy people with in walking distance. 

• Like 6

Yeah that gas station and the surrounding land/landscape (or lack thereof) is HORRIBLE! Hope they do something with that as well

But wow...that place will be huge! this whole ROD area is just blowing up!!!!!!!!!!!!! love it

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Luminare said:

holy cow. that thing is massive! Did not expect that from Lennar.

Right? From suburbia to 25 story residential towers. 

The low rise E shaped apartments are a little odd though.. not sure why they didn’t want to do more of a wrapped garage/podium for the low rise portion, utilizing the rooftop space for a larger amenity deck.

Just now, cloud713 said:

Right? From suburbia to 25 story residential towers. 

The low rise E shaped apartments are a little odd though.. not sure why they didn’t want to do more of a wrapped garage/podium for the low rise portion, utilizing the rooftop space for a larger amenity deck.

oddly thats the part that intrigues me the most. its a different take instead of a wrap.

I agree with your first comment though. My father worked for home builders and then was a home inspector, so my association with Lennar was always single family track housing in the burbs. When I initially heard they were going to get into MF I was very skeptical, but I'm pleasantly surprised. If this is their first entry into the biz....build more. 

• Like 1