Sign in to follow this  
TexasStar

Dallas' Mt. Creek - The Fall Collection

If that is Dallas why do people always say its completely flat like Houston? Nice to see. I remember going to Dallas when I was younger and seeing houses up on the hills.

I live in Lakewood, which is just Northeast of downtown. This area is very hilly. I really did not think Dallas was a hilly city until I moved here. Certain parts of Oakcliff as well. Really reminds me of Tyler. Very pretty in the winter.

This would be a comparable to West Houston, not barren at all.

As a native Houstonian, it is nice to live in Dallas and have such a nice terrian. There are plenty of flat prairie fields in North Texas, but you also have this wonderful terrain as well.

I agree. It's not the piney woods or short hills of the Lake Livingston/Conroe/Woodlands areas but it's far from barren, and a nice, diverse array of colors. I've always wanted to visit that area of Dallas but I've always been preoccupied with other things.

Friend of the family has a home out that way built into a hill. Wonderful home.

I should post some picture of Houston's forest. 13 miles NE of downtown, and you think you are in the big thicket.

This is the area of Dallas that very much resembles the Hill Country, but it has never been developed or promoted as such.

Instead the popular desirable growth has progressed farther north into Collin County's generally flat prairie terrain.

Seems like a missed opportunity.

Edited by TxDave

Sign in to follow this