thedistrict84

Gribble Stamp & Stencil Co Building (121 St. Emanuel)

Posted (edited)

Walked by the Gribble Stamp & Stencil building on my way to MMP and noticed that there are renovations underway. It’s certainly a cool building with an interesting layout, so it’s good that it’s being renovated instead of torn down. 

cKNnG3O.jpg

mcnkIcB.jpg

Old Loopnet listing on the property in question:

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/19940204/121-St-Emanuel-St-Houston-TX/

Couldn't find anything else. Anyone know what’s going on with the property?

Edited by thedistrict84
  • Like 7

I drive by this spot quite often and was wondering the same thing. It's a great location and I would love to see that little pocket between downtown and the East End more utilized .

• Like 4

When I went by yesterday afternoon, there were workers inside working on the roof/ceiling structure..I attempted to get their attention to ask them what is going on, but they didn't see or hear me...

• Like 1

I've always thought this was such a cool building. I hope the renovation keeps the unique elements of the buildings like the glass bricks and flatiron layout.

• Like 3

I drove by yesterday, I noticed new signage with a site preview. I couldn't quite make it out but i don't remember seeing this particular sign. Next time I go by I'll try to snap a picture. 

If I recall, this remodel is going to be part of the new Soccer Shots facility.  Maybe an academy and housing for some of their staff?  I remember reading about it last year

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, HoustonMidtown said:

This building is across the street - is this the one you saw ?

Untitled by Houston Midtown, on Flickr

yes that's the one, i honestly thought they were part of the same tract because I always just pass by them both quickly and associate them together for some reason. Thanks for the photo. Is there any information on the signage suggesting what kind of tenants they are seeking?

edit: That property is located at 2019 Franklin and is listed as sold in 2018 to A & S RISE LLC. It's listed as a commercial new construction.I couldn't find anything additional. 

Edited by I'm Not a Robot
  • Like 1

On 5/9/2019 at 1:29 PM, thedistrict84 said:

Walked by the Gribble Stamp & Stencil building on my way to MMP and noticed that there are renovations underway. It’s certainly a cool building with an interesting layout, so it’s good that it’s being renovated instead of torn down. 

cKNnG3O.jpg

mcnkIcB.jpg

Old Loopnet listing on the property in question:

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/19940204/121-St-Emanuel-St-Houston-TX/

Couldn't find anything else. Anyone know what’s going on with the property?

Nice pics. Its always nice to visit this one in person. I can picture how beautiful it would be at night, with the right landscape lighting.