Bumpy Pickle: Pickleball/Volleyball Courts At 554 Lockwood Dr.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, 77011transplant said:

I'm pretty sure they were supposed to open like a year ago... So the fact that there's a structure is positive in my book. Lol. 

All good, yes, but odd that they're still marketing an unrealistic timeline on social media.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, ljchou said:

All good, yes, but odd that they're still marketing an unrealistic timeline on social media.

I quit being surprised a long time ago at the number of people who still haven't figured out that it's far better to underpromise and overdeliver than the other way around. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, mkultra25 said:

I quit being surprised a long time ago at the number of people who still haven't figured out that it's far better to underpromise and overdeliver than the other way around. 

to be fair to them, I'm in the midst of a build that I projected at 12 weeks, we're sitting on week 18 (and we think we'll need another 4 before we can crank open the doors). this is all thanks to logistics of getting things delivered from vendors.

that's the nature of how things are right now. you order 2 hand sinks, and you get only get one, and it is 2 weeks late. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Huh. The bar area is still not complete but apparently it's open, per their Insta (https://www.instagram.com/bumpypicklehtx/)! 

Hours are: 

Saturday    8AM–12AM
Sunday    8AM–10PM
Monday    10AM–11PM
Tuesday    10AM–11PM
Wednesday    10AM–11PM
Thursday    10AM–12AM
Friday    8AM–12AM

Management seems very active on Google reviews too and seems confident they'll have the bar up and running soon (they ran into "significant" delays).

I went and did one of their free pickleball intro classes a few months ago. It was fun! The building etc was not completed but they had a food truck and a cooler of drinks for sale. The courts were well done, and they’ve opened a little dog park area as well. 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Bumpy Pickle - Pickleball/Volleyball Courts In Second Ward
  • The title was changed to Bumpy Pickle: Pickleball/Volleyball Courts At 554 Lockwood Dr.