25 minutes ago, Angostura said:

I can't think of anyplace in the Heights where that much empty grass would be feasible (physically or economically). It looks a little like that project on 34th, but the renderings don't match.

maybe one of those big parcels on 11th in timbergrove?  you know,  in the 'greater heights area'...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Evil Developer said:

maybe one of those big parcels on 11th in timbergrove?  you know,  in the 'greater heights area'...

Yea, I was thinking this likely has to be a former industrial lot. That area makes sense.

• Like 2

On 4/17/2019 at 2:53 PM, Angostura said:

I can't think of anyplace in the Heights where that much empty grass would be feasible (physically or economically). It looks a little like that project on 34th, but the renderings don't match.

On 4/17/2019 at 3:22 PM, Triton said:

Yea, I was thinking this likely has to be a former industrial lot. That area makes sense.

On 4/17/2019 at 3:20 PM, Evil Developer said:

I believe I saw a for sale sign a few weeks back at the old steel facility on the corner of 11th and Ella

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Originally posted April 17, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before. Archive link here.

On 4/16/2019 at 2:31 PM, Urbannizer said:

Anyone have more on this? 

http://www.studiomet.com/project.php?id=224  (archive link)

W5cO096.jpg

hTAKSmJ.jpg

Event Center

a7jimSE.jpg

TnR8FNY.jpg

JRY50xp.jpg

Plaza

ULtTZkd.jpg

Cool find, Urb!

Edited by CrockpotandGravel
  • Like 1

Originally posted April 17, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before. Archive link here.

I don't know the location where Heights Overlook is being considered for development in Houston.

The renderings from StudioMET Architects are labeled Nederland as in Nederland, Texas. But the project's description has Houston as the location for Heights Overlook.

Strange.

Edited by CrockpotandGravel

Originally posted April 19, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before. Archive link here.

On 4/18/2019 at 6:28 PM, Purdueenginerd said:

I believe I saw a for sale sign a few weeks back at the old steel facility on the corner of 11th and Ella

I think you may be right on the money, @Purdueenginerd. Heights Outlook may be the building of Schill Steel Services at 3001 W 11th near Ella. This is in or near the Timbergrove and Lazybrook area in the Greater Heights. It's also not far from Railway Heights.

There was a Loopnet listing for the sale of the building listed in 2016 and unlisted in 2017.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/19998649/3001-W-11th-Street-Houston-TX  (archive link)

The property was owned by 3001 W 11th Street LP until recently.

According to HCAD and records in the Harris County Clerk database,  the property is in the name of PRGIF 3001 W 11th LLC as of January. PRGIF is real estate investment company Pinto Realty Growth & Income Fund.

• 2 years later...
  • The title was changed to Multifamily Development By McNair Interests at W. 11th & Maxroy St.
  • The title was changed to Multifamily Development By McNair Interests And Cockrell Interest at West 11th & Maxroy

Houston Chronicle had a story about the property......

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/McNair-Interests-eyes-west-Heights-area-for-next-17037637.php

"Two longstanding Houston-based investment firms have teamed up on a multifamily development in the Timbergrove area of northwest Houston."

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Multifamily Development By McNair Interests At W. 11th & Maxroy St.
  • 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Multifamily Development At W. 11th & Maxroy St.
  • The title was changed to Multifamily Development At 3001 West 11th St.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Plans for 3001 W 11th St have not been approved for permitting yet. Below is a screenshot of the plan review inspection report. The screenshot shows the progress made so far during the plan review.

As previously mentioned, a multifamily residential / apartment is going up on the Timbergrove area property. McNair Interests is partnering with Cockrell Interests on the multifamily residence.

This yet-to-be-named apartment is in an area McNair Interests is dubbing West Heights. It's also possible McNair Interests' other plans for West Heights includes 8300 Hempstead Rd. A mixed-use development is proposed for the site.

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/50172-8300-hempstead-rd/

9VbacwC.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 3

According to the site plan submitted to the city, the multifamily residence planned for 3001 W 11th St will have either 317 or 374 units.

Below are other details included in documents submitted for plan review:

• Proposed commercial sitework for future apartments

• 3001 1/2 W 11th St
      Houston, TX 77008

• Sheet Sp-01 [Site Plan]

• Sheet Gn-00 [Project Summary]

• 371 units total

•  Sheet A1-00 [Floor Plan]

• Sheet C8.0 [Utility Plan]

• Proposed 8\" f.r.c.m. within a 15' x 25' w.m.e. w/ double-check

• Proposed 2\" irrigation meter (tee)
      • water connection to the 16\" main in Maxroy St

• Proposed 8\" sanitary sewer tap to an existing manhole
      • sanitary sewer connection to the 24\" main in Maxroy St

From the submitted wastewater capacity reservation letter:

• 3001 W 11th St

• For construction of (374) apartments w/ washer/dryer connections and a dog park w/ a dog-wash station w/ (2) hose bibs
Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

According to the site plan submitted to the city, the multifamily residence planned for 3001 W 11th St will have either 317 or 374 units.

Below are other details included in documents submitted for plan review:

• Proposed commercial sitework for future apartments

• 3001 1/2 W 11th St
      Houston, TX 77008

• Sheet Sp-01 [Site Plan]

• Sheet Gn-00 [Project Summary]
    • 371 units total

•  Sheet A1-00 [Floor Plan]

• Sheet C8.0 [Utility Plan]
    • Proposed 8\" f.r.c.m. within a 15' x 25' w.m.e. w/ double-check

• Proposed 2\" irrigation meter (tee)
      • water connection to the 16\" main in Maxroy St
    • Proposed 8\" sanitary sewer tap to an existing manhole
      • sanitary sewer connection to the 24\" main in Maxroy St

From the submitted wastewater capacity reservation letter:

• 3001 W 11th St
    • For construction of (374) apartments w/ washer/dryer connections and a dog park w/ a dog-wash station w/ (2) hose bibs

There are a few more details about the multifamily residence from comments provided in the plan review inspection report. The multifamily apartment is planned for 3001 W 11th St.

• Provide a signed, written statement from the owner explaining full scope of use for the Kitchen 536 on the first floor and indoor/outdoor sky lounge on the fifth floor.

For what are these spaces intended? Will this kitchen be for the residents personal, private use only? Will any food or beverages be prepared, stored, served or otherwise provided to the residents or the public, such as a coffee bar, deli, or cafe type use? Please be specific. Depending on intended scope of use, additional items may be required.
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to W. 11th Street Apartments At 3001 West 11th St.