Modera Washington: Multifamily At 2520 Washington Ave.

skooljunkie

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, hindesky said:

fzlnVrf.jpg

Nice picture, and thanks for sharing this with us ! 

And, there is that gorgeous natural deep blue Texas sky that until recently was a real rarity in SE Texas.  Too bad it is destined to be polluted again once things and cars and daily life gets back to "normal" here.  At least we had about two months to enjoy this clean air while the Earth no doubt was very appreciative of being able to cleanse for a while and breathe again.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

Interesting.

Things I like: It is different / takes a risk. There is a good amount of brick.

Things I don't like: the many material choices could cheapen this. I hope that is not stucco, but a particle board of some sort or metal sheets that don't look bumpy or deteriorate. 

51 minutes ago, HouTXRanger said:

No mention of ground floor retail, although that render makes it look like it'd be perfect for a little cafe or something.

If you remember, crockpot mentioned there was a coffee shop going in here. I think that corner looks like a coffee shop... I have seen plenty of apartments go up, but I have never seen a cafe / umbrellas included in a rendering that didn't have GFR included.

• Like 4

Definitely interested to see how this turns out. With developments like this being built along Washington Ave, there really needs to be a plan to rebuild it. Make it like the Westheimer Rd plan, or Bagby St in Midtown. Add some more Bike Share stations. Washington Ave has a lot of potential that is being limited with the outdated and exclusively car-oriented design. 

• Like 4

Mill Creek Residential continues to add to its Houston presence with the development of Modera Washington, a luxury mixed-use apartment community located amidst one of the city’s most arts-centric locales. The community sits on Washington Avenue immediately adjacent to the Old Sixth Ward Historic District and about a mile north of Buffalo Bayou Park.

The eight-story midrise, which offers 341 apartment homes, will feature an onsite Craftwork Coffee Co., which provides co-working space in a coffee-shop atmosphere. First move-ins are anticipated for early 2022.

Modera Washington consists of studio, one- and two-bedroom homes with den layouts available. Apartment interiors are delivered in two distinct themes and feature nine-foot ceilings, wood-plank flooring, stainless steel appliances, quartz countertops, pendant lighting, tile backsplashes, upgraded fixtures, walk-in closets, and private patios or balconies. Bathrooms include floor-to-ceiling tile surrounds in showers and tubs, linen closets and vanity mirrors with integrated lighting. Select homes include a kitchen island with breakfast bar.

Community amenities include a rooftop deck, outdoor swimming pool, barbecue, and picnic areas, pet spa, game room, and a club-quality fitness center with group fitness areas. Residents also have access to digital package lockers, bike storage, loaner bikes, extra storage space, and the work-from-home capabilities provided by Craftwork.

Situated at 2520 Washington Avenue, Modera Washington offers a commuter-friendly locale with quick access to Interstate 10, several public transit options, and prime connectivity to the Energy Corridor, Downtown Houston and the remainder of the area’s thriving employment sectors.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Modera Washington: 8-Story Mid-Rise at 2520 Washington
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Modera Washington: 8-Story Mid-Rise At 2520 Washington