Modera Washington: Multifamily At 2520 Washington Ave.

skooljunkie

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Urbannizer said:

Anything to confirm Modera Washington is currently under construction?

Currently not under construction, but some initial clean up work seems to be happening...They did recently move the trailer off the site that sat there for 15 years...I will check on my way home.

So, per @CrockpotandGravel, this will have ground floor retail, an office component, AND apartments? Is this correct?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Angostura said:

You wouldn't normally need 3 levels of parking for 5 floors of residential.

I agree. The complex near Houston Ave and Memorial has almost the same ground floor space, but has 2 floors of parking, non of it below grade...

This hole is at least 1 floor below ground, and possibly 2 floors below ground. This one also has a crane. When comparing to the Modera off Shepard (which is blah at best), Does anyone remember if that one also had a crane? Does a crane signify that the project could be a higher capital investment?

My hope is they do fit in some office and retail. The location is a needed link from East Washington to the central retail strip of Washington.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Avossos said:

I agree. The complex near Houston Ave and Memorial has almost the same ground floor space, but has 2 floors of parking, non of it below grade...

This hole is at least 1 floor below ground, and possibly 2 floors below ground. This one also has a crane. When comparing to the Modera off Shepard (which is blah at best), Does anyone remember if that one also had a crane? Does a crane signify that the project could be a higher capital investment?

My hope is they do fit in some office and retail. The location is a needed link from East Washington to the central retail strip of Washington.

Yes it had a tower crane and it was below grade.

05niQF6.jpg

ObpOOyP.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am new to this, but have been following for a couple of months now. I am surprised at the lack of information on this project. Is it common that there two tower cranes up but no renderings available?

another side question, is the initial height of tower cranes typically somehow correlated with the height of the building they are building?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, emmanume said:

I am new to this, but have been following for a couple of months now. I am surprised at the lack of information on this project. Is it common that there two tower cranes up but no renderings available?

another side question, is the initial height of tower cranes typically somehow correlated with the height of the building they are building?

Welcome emmanume! I follow housing around the state and can tell you it really just depends on the developer and particulars of the site. Mill Creek is one of several developers I know who tend to stay quiet. Others blast there plans out on social media for 8-10 years before developing. IMO location matters. When your neighbors are mostly commercial structures or vacant lots, there's little NIMBYism/interest/knowledge and less information is revealed. If the site didn't require city variances, etc. then less information is available to leak out. If the developer is from out-of-town, there are likely fewer HAIFers who know what's going on as well. 😎

• Like 3

2 hours ago, emmanume said:

Its a lot more common then you might think. I've been putting together a Development Map and Spreadsheet to better track these things and you'd be surprised at just how much info isn't out there even in this day and age. There is no obligation to release renders or legal requirement, or even post info on the site itself specifying what is being built. For your average infill apartment midrise, it's just not worth it for most companies to exhibit any renders or do a press release since they know it will fill up anyway. For areas with specific markets, or ones which have certain perks or amenities the market essentially pushes the company to put out renders to attract a particular person. Its all market driven, pure and simple.

As for the crane question I'll just ask our resident expert @hindesky

Welcome to the forum.

6 hours ago, emmanume said:

I don't think Mill Creek has released any info about this project yet. Our group of insiders seem to be able to find this info if it's available. The tower cranes don't have climbers on them so it's unlikely the building will be any higher than the cranes. Probably 6- 8 stories high mid rise.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, hindesky said:

I don't think Mill Creek has released any info about this project yet. Our group of insiders seem to be able to find this info if it's available. The tower cranes don't have climbers on them so it's unlikely the building will be any higher than the cranes. Probably 6- 8 stories high mid rise.

About the climbers. I saw one on the Allen project crane the other day (on the webcam) and they ended up adding at least 2 section to the crane so I guess they can be removed and put back on if needed. 

Edited by jmitch94
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

its kind of incredible that Oliver Street will be the block in Houston with the most change in 2020.   Between this, the Urban South strip, and then the "lower heights" at the top of it.   just an insane amount of development over a half mile strip of warehouse district. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...