North American University In Stafford

Reefmonkey

Has anyone heard of this place? Had a job applicant’s resume cross my desk with this in their education section. Never heard of it, googled it, looks like it’s in an office building, 100% acceptance rate, I assumed a for profit diploma mill, but it’s nonprofit, accredited, and seems to even have dorms on floors of the building. Odd. 

29 minutes ago, Reefmonkey said:

Has anyone heard of this place? Had a job applicant’s resume cross my desk with this in their education section. Never heard of it, googled it, looks like it’s in an office building, 100% acceptance rate, I assumed a for profit diploma mill, but it’s nonprofit, accredited, and seems to even have dorms on floors of the building. Odd. 

This doesn't really speak to the quality of the education, but some reviews I found from former employees and students at the school indicate that it's for-profit, perhaps regardless of the official designation. 

http://www.onlinedegreereviews.org/college/national-american-university-reviews/

7 hours ago, Reefmonkey said:

Wow, those reviews say it all. I was curious to see if they were a lot cheaper or something, but they're not, they're actually quite expensive. Hard to imagine why anyone would go here.

When I was looking at their website, I noticed the tuition was set up as "resident" and "international", with international being quite a bit higher.  That's normal (though it's usually termed resident and non-resident) for public schools, but why would a private school charge so much more for international students?  I suspect they are trying to attract folks who want to get to the US on a student visa and milking them for profit. 

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You should be skeptical of any private college without a history or reputation, especially for-profit colleges, some of which have managed to secure non-profit status with minimal changes in their business model.  ITT Technical Institute was rubbish and its closure in 2016 was long overdue.

Public community colleges like HCC and Lone Star offer far better value and quality than private vocational schools, especially the for-profit ones.

• The title was changed to North American University In Stafford

Archived