Mixed-Use At 4301 Bellaire Blvd.

Highrise Tower

They forgot to mention the power lines as a feature!

And they have Black Eyed Pea on there and no mention of Southside Commons?

Whatever comes here, I hope they improve the infrastructure around the property.

4301 Bellaire Blvd – Can We Trust Our Zoning?

https://www.bellairecivicclub.com/4301-bellaire-blvd-can-we-trust-our-zoning/

UPDATE, August 6, 2019: By a vote of 6 to 1 Council members voted to retain the current residential zoning for 4301 Bellaire Blvd last night, and Bellaire residents were enormously relieved.   Only outgoing council member Pat McLaughlan voted in favor.

It would rezone the property located at 4301 Bellaire Blvd from Bellaire Boulevard Estate Overlay District (BBEOD), a low density residential area, to CMU (Corridor Mixed-Used District) to allow for the possible construction of a 22,000 square foot, two-story office building with surface parking.

Huh. I don't entirely understand this perspective - it's an edge lot next to a utility easement, train tracks, and then a commercial corridor on the Houston side. I could see someone wanting to live here if the utility easement ever gets a trail, but it's not like this is in the middle of a neighborhood. It wouldn't even be replacing a house; it would replace a church, which would have similar issues with parking and ...whatever else people are worried about.

• The title was changed to Mixed-Use At 4301 Bellaire Blvd.

Archived