Urbannizer

Crest at Taylor Apartments, 2140 Taylor

There is no such intersection.

My guess is block surrounded by sawyer, Taylor / Hemphill, Winter, land Sunmer st

Edited by Avossos
  • Like 1

There is no such intersection

Whoops. Misread the map. This will be at Taylor/Spring St, not Taylor/Heights Blvd.

• Like 1

Whoops. Misread the map. This will be at Taylor/Spring St, not Taylor/Heights Blvd.

Are you sure? What map are you looking at? Seems like the shape fits to the warehouse that was torn down. The developers of 1st Ward art campus they tried to buy the property (old warehouse, mirror of silos) but lost out to a developer that was going to build apartments

Are you sure? What map are you looking at? Seems like the shape fits to the warehouse that was torn down. The developers of 1st Ward art campus they tried to buy the property (old warehouse, mirror of silos) but lost out to a developer that was going to build apartments

This warehouse? I'm not to familiar with the area. I was using google maps. There was a variance request dubbed Spring at Taylor for the site back in January. The skyline and building in the background (a chick-fila-a) of the second rendering matches up via google street view

Lennar owns the 5 acres at the NEC of Spring/Sawyer Heights/Taylor. They have been developing the Crest brand. I think this was originally going to be an Olive Garden and other pad sites.

There's so much diversity on those renderings.

Of the vehicles.  :ph34r:

Forgive my ignorance but what is the height requirement for a "midrise" 4 floors?

I think you can call it a mid rise if you don't want to walk up the stairs to the top floor

Interesting... I still really don't know where this will be / how it will fit in with the area

The first picture is looking to the northwest toward I-10 from Spring Street. Odd thing is, they don't feature the Heights Hike and Bike Trail in there.... Interesting project. It will go well with what is happening the the First Ward and the projects along Center / Sawyer Yards.

There's so much diversity on those renderings.

Of the vehicles.  :ph34r:

Chevrolet, Mercedes Benz, Jaguar.  I have trouble making out some of the others.

There's also a Nissan Z and what might be an Expedition in the top picture, and what looks like a Lexus on the far right of the bottom picture (which would correspond to one of the blobs on top).  

This is huge considering how many pedestrians almost get hit at this intersection. Hopefully this development forces motorists to be more aware. I got honked at and flipped off for crossing here one evening and let me just say that I don't respond to that stuff very kindly. 

Edited by j_cuevas713

2 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

This is huge considering how many pedestrians almost get hit at this intersection. Hopefully this development forces motorists to be more aware. I got honked at and flipped off for crossing here one evening and let me just say that I don't respond to that stuff very kindly. 

Same. That intersection needs to be redone for bicyclist and pedestrians. Maybe change out the timing of the lights or something. I thought Taylor/Sawyer were going to be redone and expanded from Crockett to Washington but I don't know what ever happened with that.

8 minutes ago, Triton said:

Same. That intersection needs to be redone for bicyclist and pedestrians. Maybe change out the timing of the lights or something. I thought Taylor/Sawyer were going to be redone and expanded from Crockett to Washington but I don't know what ever happened with that.

I think at intersections like that, they need to be timed where all lights turn red and pedestrians are given time to cross with zero cars moving. It wouldn't really delay anyone. 

2 hours ago, Triton said:

That rendering is for their project near Mall of America in Minnesota, and it’s 363 units. Article states construction to begin in January.

@urbannizer

So are they going to do this same project here and just copying the design?

Is it the older render?

Now I'm confused.

43 minutes ago, Luminare said:

@urbannizer

So are they going to do this same project here and just copying the design?

Is it the older render?

Now I'm confused.

Not copying the design. I believe HBJ used a rendering for one of Lennar's other projects because they are likely unaware that renderings are already out - or the design has changed  (number of units is down from 381 listed on GDA's website).

2 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

Not copying the design. I believe HBJ used a rendering for one of Lennar's other projects because they are likely unaware that renderings are already out - or the design has changed  (number of units is down from 381 listed on GDA's website).

Thanks. Didn't realize that.

This will hopefully slow down traffic and make it easier for pedestrians to enjoy the nearby amenities without having to get in their car. I noticed the city put a delay on the light and the crosswalk for those on the trail. They finally did something after I complained a million times. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

The thread about that is here:

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/38832-studemont-junction-and-apartments-former-grocers-supply-warehouse/

Mods @Urbannizer, @Triton, @Subdude, @intencity77 please merge this thread with the existing one linked above. Thanks.

Thanks @CrockpotandGravel. This really isnt part of Studemont Junction.  Mods, perhaps this deserves it's own thread and merge the posts from the Studemont Junction thread into it? Would make it much easier to find. 

Or update the Sawyer Village thread. 

24 minutes ago, Visitor said:

Thanks @CrockpotandGravel. This really isnt part of Studemont Junction.  Mods, perhaps this deserves it's own thread and merge the posts from the Studemont Junction thread into it? Would make it much easier to find. 

Or update the Sawyer Village thread. 

Sorry, dude. 

There is a thread for this but I provided the wrong thread.

You're looking for Lower Heights District.

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/31776-lower-heights-district

Rule of thumb: if it's a large plot and there's construction or the land has cleared, you can count there is a thread on it in the forum. If you don't know the name of the project or know the address, you can do this until the search on the site is working again: type in street names, cross streets, or other identifiers in Google with HAIF in the query and it will more often than not show in the results.

Correction mods @Urbannizer @Triton @Subdude @intencity77 please merge this thread with the existing one on Lower Heights District linked above. Thanks.

Think this is still wrong. He's talking about a strictly multi family development at Taylor and Summer St. I'm on mobile right now but if anyone can find the right development, I'll merge it with that one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Triton said:

Think this is still wrong. He's talking about a strictly multi family development at Taylor and Summer St. I'm on mobile right now but if anyone can find the right development, I'll merge it with that one. 

I agree this is neither Studemont Junction nor Lower Heights district and it’s not even on the same side of target as those two developments. 

There was definitely a topic for the apartment development on the corner of Taylor and Spring but I cannot seem to find it either. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Sorry, dude. 

There is a thread for this but I provided the wrong thread.

You're looking for Lower Heights District.

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/31776-lower-heights-district

Rule of thumb: if it's a large plot and there's construction or the land has cleared, you can count there is a thread on it in the forum. If you don't know the name of the project or know the address, you can do this until the search on the site is working again: type in street names, cross streets, or other identifiers in Google with HAIF in the query and it will more often than not show in the results.

Correction mods @Urbannizer @Triton @Subdude @intencity77 please merge this thread with the existing one on Lower Heights District linked above. Thanks.

Actually the first thread you linked also had a question/answer about this block too. So it's been covered in multiple threads for the area.  This is definitely not part of Lower Heights, but actually listed as part of Sawyer Village (target, Sawyer heights lofts, Staples, etc)

Studemont Junction, Lower Heights, and Sawyer Village projects often get incorrectly lumped together. 

Edited by Visitor
  • Like 1

I guessed right, the crawler crane is building the prefab parking garage.

GCkGTVF.jpg

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, hindesky said:

QKOcazr.jpg

I spy a mock up in the making

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Avossos said:

I spy a mock up in the making

Thats what I thought when I saw it but it's actually on the slab wrapping around the parking garage. But it's strange that it has roof like that on the first floor, so you might be right.

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 1

the more i drive by this the more i am really really saddened/frustrated that they won't be doing any first-floor retail. 2 full blocks right next to the bike path like that.... just begs for a dish society/local foods. 

• Like 2