Crest At Taylor: Multifamily At 2140 Taylor St.

Urbannizer

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoops. Misread the map. This will be at Taylor/Spring St, not Taylor/Heights Blvd.

Are you sure? What map are you looking at? Seems like the shape fits to the warehouse that was torn down. The developers of 1st Ward art campus they tried to buy the property (old warehouse, mirror of silos) but lost out to a developer that was going to build apartments

Are you sure? What map are you looking at? Seems like the shape fits to the warehouse that was torn down. The developers of 1st Ward art campus they tried to buy the property (old warehouse, mirror of silos) but lost out to a developer that was going to build apartments

This warehouse? I'm not to familiar with the area. I was using google maps. There was a variance request dubbed Spring at Taylor for the site back in January. The skyline and building in the background (a chick-fila-a) of the second rendering matches up via google street view

The first picture is looking to the northwest toward I-10 from Spring Street. Odd thing is, they don't feature the Heights Hike and Bike Trail in there.... Interesting project. It will go well with what is happening the the First Ward and the projects along Center / Sawyer Yards.

There's so much diversity on those renderings.

Of the vehicles.  :ph34r:

Chevrolet, Mercedes Benz, Jaguar.  I have trouble making out some of the others.

There's also a Nissan Z and what might be an Expedition in the top picture, and what looks like a Lexus on the far right of the bottom picture (which would correspond to one of the blobs on top).  

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

This is huge considering how many pedestrians almost get hit at this intersection. Hopefully this development forces motorists to be more aware. I got honked at and flipped off for crossing here one evening and let me just say that I don't respond to that stuff very kindly. 

Same. That intersection needs to be redone for bicyclist and pedestrians. Maybe change out the timing of the lights or something. I thought Taylor/Sawyer were going to be redone and expanded from Crockett to Washington but I don't know what ever happened with that.

8 minutes ago, Triton said:

Same. That intersection needs to be redone for bicyclist and pedestrians. Maybe change out the timing of the lights or something. I thought Taylor/Sawyer were going to be redone and expanded from Crockett to Washington but I don't know what ever happened with that.

I think at intersections like that, they need to be timed where all lights turn red and pedestrians are given time to cross with zero cars moving. It wouldn't really delay anyone. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Lennar 415 unit multi-family @Taylor/Spring St.
2 hours ago, Triton said:

That rendering is for their project near Mall of America in Minnesota, and it’s 363 units. Article states construction to begin in January.

43 minutes ago, Luminare said:

@urbannizer

So are they going to do this same project here and just copying the design?

Is it the older render?

Now I'm confused.

Not copying the design. I believe HBJ used a rendering for one of Lennar's other projects because they are likely unaware that renderings are already out - or the design has changed  (number of units is down from 381 listed on GDA's website).

2 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

Not copying the design. I believe HBJ used a rendering for one of Lennar's other projects because they are likely unaware that renderings are already out - or the design has changed  (number of units is down from 381 listed on GDA's website).

Thanks. Didn't realize that.

• 2 months later...

This will hopefully slow down traffic and make it easier for pedestrians to enjoy the nearby amenities without having to get in their car. I noticed the city put a delay on the light and the crosswalk for those on the trail. They finally did something after I complained a million times. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived