Russo's Brewing Company At 3415 Katy Fwy.

flatline

A sign has gone up in the vacant lot at the 3400-ish block of the eastbound Katy Freeway frontage road (between the Shell Station and the vape lounge), heralding that Russo's Brewing Co. (est. 2019) is coming soon.  Can any of our talented Heights HAIF investigators dig up any scoop?

• 7 months later...

Originally posted March 21, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

On 3/21/2019 at 12:54 PM, flatline said:

A sign has gone up in the vacant lot at the 3400-ish block of the eastbound Katy Freeway frontage road (between the Shell Station and the vape lounge), heralding that Russo's Brewing Co. (est. 2019) is coming soon.  Can any of our talented Heights HAIF investigators dig up any scoop?

On 3/21/2019 at 12:56 PM, Moose said:

It seems like some years ago that a sign went up on that property for Russo's Wood Fired Pizza, which I think was related to the chain of Russo's pizza places in and around Houston.

Yes. Russo's Brewing Co. is from the the Russo's NY Pizzeria family in Houston.

A website for the brewery was created last month and links to Russo's Pizzeria.

AMRPiFX.jpg

Originally posted March 21, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

Also from Reddit last week:

Anybody seen the sign off of the I-10 eastbound feeder between Heights and Studemont. Sign is advertising Russo's Brewing Co., coming soon.
V9mpw99.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/HoustonBeer/comments/b0j2ro/russos_brewing_company/

Here is past info on the location and Loopnet listings for 3415 Katy Freeway (3415 Katy Fwy) , the site of Russo's Brewing Co. (next to the Shell gas station)

U2EpfrG.jpg

Google Street View of 3415 Katy Fwy, November 2018
OlZZwtZ.jpg

iPSERWr.jpg

7WfrwY9.jpg

Loopnet listing for the land in 2012

Lot Size     31,441 SF

Former bookstore on three lots. Planned construction for cross-access easement with adjacent gas station.

140' frontage off Interstate 10 / Katy Freeway
Located between exit and entrance ramps on I-10 Eastbound.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/17723886/3415-Katy-Freeway-Houston-TX/ (archive link)

Originally posted May 13, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

More on Russo's Brewing Co.at 3415 Katy Freeway (3415 Katy Fwy) .

This comes from Community Impact newspaper (print edition):

Russo’s New York Pizzeria is in the planning stages for Russo’s Brewing, a restaurant-brewery concept at 3415 Katy Freeway, Houston, a company official confirmed. A construction and opening timeline has not been announced. 

Originally posted May 31, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

More details on Russo's Brewing Co. at 3415 Katy Fwy ( or 3415 Katy Freeway ). This is the brewery from Russo's New York Pizzeria restaurants in Houston.

From Houston Chronicle today:

Houston's growing craft brewery landscape is about to get more heated. The Houston-based Russo's New York Pizzeria brand is introducing its own brewery concept with plans to open 20 more in Texas and several other states.

Anthony Russo, head chef and CEO of Russo's New York Pizzeria, announced that Russo's New York Italia Pizza Kitchen & Brewery will open early 2020 in the Heights area. The 5,600-square-foot restaurant with its own brewing facility is set to begin construction in two months at 3415 Katy Freeway.

"Brewery places are popping up all around Houston," Russo said. "With the Heights and Washington behind us, it feels right. To me, it screams brewery."

Set to open in January or February, the restaurant/brewery will feature a tasting room, a packaging facility for beer sale, and a restaurant offering classic dishes from Russo's menu including house-made pastas, pizza (topped with house-made mozzarella), calzones, salads and sandwiches. Russo said he also is hiring a brewmaster from Europe to create signature beers that eventually will be sold at Russo's restaurants.

More here: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/article/Russo-s-Restaurants-to-open-its-first-brewery-13909884.php

Originally posted May 31, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

Renderings of Russo's Brewing Co. & Russo's New York Italia Pizza Kitchen. Both will be located at  3415 Katy Fwy ( or  3415 Katy  Freeway ). This is the brewery from Russo's New York Pizzeria restaurants in Houston.

From Houston Chronicle

LQdkMeL.jpg
(direct link)

vsKNXkY.jpg
(direct link)

tK7LT55.jpg
(direct link)

• The title was changed to Russo's Brewing Company At 3415 Katy Fwy.

Archived