Virtuo Med Center: Multifamily At 7110 Ardmore St.

lockmat

Wow that's a ton of town homes. I lost count but it's well over 200. There's also something going up with a crane nearby at OST and Almeda, I think it's apartments but I haven't been able to get close enough to see for sure. Not sure if there's a thread for that or not... I don't recall one.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I'm pretty sure this is a Medistar project - "TMC Grand Blvd Investors, LLC" has the same address and phone number listed. 

Also on Medistar's website they have this listed as a project:

Site near Texas Medical Center
26 Acres  |  Houston, TX

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, houstontexasjack said:

Any renders or anything in the article? 26 acres seems like a huge plot for a single multifamily development 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, AREJAY said:

Any renders or anything in the article? 26 acres seems like a huge plot for a single multifamily development 

Alas, no. However, this is just one portion of a larger development:

“The 6-acre tract for Medistar Grand appears to be part of a larger tract owned by an affiliate of Medistar, TMC Grand Blvd Investors LLC. The city of Houston’s planning commission gave the go-ahead March 14 to record the land as a single block and two unrestricted reserves, the Houston Business Journal previously reported. An unrestricted reserve could be used for any commercial or non-single-family use, such as a retail center, office building or apartment.”

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

https://www.medistarcorp.com/in-development/#

In February 2020, Medistar broke ground on The Fountains Apartments in a primary growth corridor of the Texas Medical Center (“TMC”) area of Houston, Texas.

Scheduled to deliver in late 2021, The Fountains will offer studio, one- and two-bedroom units ranging from 509 SF to 1,161 SF.  Residents will enjoy choices from among of 15 floor plans with condominium-quality finishes, fixtures and appointments, complemented by inviting landscaping, secured access and generous parking across the 6.25 acre site.

• Like 8

Lol, that looks terrible. And how is "generous parking" a selling point unless they expect multi-car families to be moving in. Now if that is the case, and the apartments turn out to be affordable/non-luxury, I'm all for it. But a "condominium-quality finishes" doesn't scream affordable for a family of three. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...