Camden City Centre: Multifamily At 301 St. Joseph Pkwy.

WesternGulf

The Camden City Center Apts are in fact open. They opened up in middle of May. I moved into them after selling my house over on the east end. They are nice, and the amenities are great. The pool is quite luxurious and well appointed. They are still working out some minor bugs in the place, namely the security alarm sounding at all hours. There's only about 20 or so residents so far, but people are moving in every weekend. I like the simple archictecture of the place, but that's just one lay person's opinion.

The Camden City Center Apts are in fact open. They opened up in middle of May. I moved into them after selling my house over on the east end. They are nice, and the amenities are great. The pool is quite luxurious and well appointed. They are still working out some minor bugs in the place, namely the security alarm sounding at all hours. There's only about 20 or so residents so far, but people are moving in every weekend. I like the simple archictecture of the place, but that's just one lay person's opinion.

Maybe you could give us some actual photos of the outside?

I can take some pics of the place...I live above the main pool and should be able to get some nice shots. I didn't mention this before, but there are 4 buildings total including the parking structure. Two of the buildings are not open yet, still under construction but the main building (leasing office bldg) and parking structure building are open. And something is being built right next the main building. They've leveled the block and are putting sidewalks in, but I cant tell what is to be built there...Camden Mgmt says that it is not another apt. building for this complex.

I can take some pics of the place...I live above the main pool and should be able to get some nice shots. I didn't mention this before, but there are 4 buildings total including the parking structure. Two of the buildings are not open yet, still under construction but the main building (leasing office bldg) and parking structure building are open. And something is being built right next the main building. They've leveled the block and are putting sidewalks in, but I cant tell what is to be built there...Camden Mgmt says that it is not another apt. building for this complex.

So that skywalk or whatever it's called is probably gonna be included once the other buildings are finished ya think?

The skywalks are already there. There are actually three skywalks that connect all four bldgs to each other. They are on the 3rd floor of each building and allow us to walk from the parking structure to our respective building without having to go down to street level and we can stay dry when it's raining. It's a nice feature, I think. The amenities room has a full size, new pool table, a real sand shuffleboard table, foozball, huge plamas on the wall and several smaller lcd's lining the walls. THere's is a nice "wifi cafe" with free wireless at the pool and on the main floor...(as it turns out, I live on the side facing the pool so I actually receive the wireless signal in my apt...saves me about $45.00 a month on roadrunner fees:)) There is a movie room with a wall size projector screen and full theatre sound system. Camden mgmt, however, thinks that it is best to close the club room and movie room when they close the leasing office. Stupid if you ask me. We work all day and get home when the leasing office is closed, we can't use the amenities after hours...I guess Camden figures we will take a day off work, ask our friends to take a day off and come over at noon to play pool and watch a movie...Anyway, like I said before, they are working out some bugs. Maybe once more people move in, they will see how ridiculous that policy is. Ask me anything, I'll tell ya what I know:)

Ask me anything, I'll tell ya what I know:)

So is the complex at an intersection with one building on each corner? And one is a parking garage with the rest being residential spaces? How's the garage look? Aesthetically pleasing at all?

Borrowed from the 4th Ward/Freedman's Town thread.

Oh, I saw that. Didn't know what it was. Not too bad. I'm sure it'll look better once it's finished and all cleaned up. I'm glad they put those trees in too. But man, those stars on the top of the building on the left...Texas or at least Houston is obsessed with the star. It's plastered on everything.

What's the area around that place like? Houses? Any nice little places to eat around them?

The parking structure is ok I guess...as far as concrete parking structures go:) They did build apartments around the facia of the parking garage so that it doesn't really look like a parking garage when you drive up to it. This picture is from the back of the main bldg...that is Cleveland Street your looking down in this photo. If you were on Baldwin, headed past the Post Rise Lofts, Baldwin deadends at St. Joseph's Pkwy...Camden built a nice little circular drive with brick pavers. The parking structure entrance is on ST. Joseph's Pkwy technically. The area is surrounded mostly by townhouses and some old homes. One block away is Komodo's Pub. Two blocks away is Front Porch Pub, Christians Tailgate, The Fish, Midtown Market (in the retail portion of The Post). The area is crawling with people on Thursdays and weekends, but that's typical midtown, for better or worse.

...(as it turns out, I live on the side facing the pool so I actually receive the wireless signal in my apt...saves me about $45.00 a month on roadrunner fees:))

LOL

Midtown Market (in the retail portion of The Post).

Uh, are they still open?

Those apartments look nice in the rendering, but not so nice in real life.

I happen to disagree. I think the pictures posted on this thread look way better than the renderings. They look like they are in the style of 2222 Smith which I think is a nice, safe look that isn't trendy or fake but isn't hard-core utilitarian either. When I saw the renderings I thought it would be some kind of pastel faux-Miami thing, but thankfully it is not.

Does anyone happen to have any interior pics we can all look at?

Edited by N Judah

Changed the status on Towrs to "Recently Completed"

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 7 months later...

a few...

IMG_7907.JPG

IMG_7914.JPG

Imagine how much more appealing these areas would be without all of the power lines interrupting every decent view.

On a side note, thanks for all of the pictures you keep providing Lockmat. Really helpful and appreciated by the people who are unable to get out to see what all is changing around town these days on a constant basis.

• 1 month later...