Fourth At Navigation: Multifamily At 2404 Navigation Blvd.

8 minutes ago, Mr.Clean19 said:

This guy really had me on the sales pitch until he couldnt figure out how to say Ninfas. What a douche.

Something feels off about this video in general. I don't like neighborhoods being compared to other post-gentrification neighborhoods in Chicago and Atlanta. I hate the idea of just trying to replicate what worked there. We get it man, you are from Chicago and have no idea what this neighborhood that you're part of building in is. Also the whole we get $7 million to build here but that's totally not why we are here but $7 million is pretty cool is comical. 

I'm also a bit partial to Alamo and they are being pushed out already, when these units aren't going to be leased for nearly 3 years. I also don't love the idea that a nine story building is going up right here. It reminds me of the building we see going on in Austin that's completely ruining the continuity of neighborhoods with these mid rises going up on streets that are full of 1 and 2 story buildings.  Hopefully the lot across the street is used for an HEB or something that the general public in the area can access versus more living options, but I'm guessing some more housing options will go there. 

Edited by I'm Not a Robot
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, BuffaloBayouBred said:

Does anyone have new information regarding the roundabout initially planned for the northwest corner of this project?

Last I heard, EEMD has approved the project and has out out a request for bids from contractors. There is a thread on it here.

• Like 4

I've been meaning to mention this for years, but I'm not exactly sure where the creepy name "ArchCon" was derived from (but I have a really good idea).  It weirdly sounds like some kind of bad guy villain's name.  Either way I dislike the name they chose to use.  I'll wait to pass judgment on the final project (which I have no doubt will be pretty cool judging by other stuff they've done).  And, they'll be pleased to know (because my opinion is so darned important - LOL!), that I will give them the benefit of the doubt until that time, because that's just the kind of guy I am. 

Just my little two cents worth for the day. 

You may now go back to doing whatever you were doing before my interruption.  😎

That is all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.chron.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/article/Chef-David-Guerrero-s-Andes-Cafe-closes-over-14952559.php

Between essentially forcing out Alamo and now Andes Cafe (both staples of the area) and the rumored halt of developing their second property in the area at 400 Jensen (because of low income housing, which makes no sense as it's approximately .25 miles from this site). I am not sure that I'm thrilled with Marquette coming into my neighborhood. I feel that they came in to this without a true care of the history or needs of the area, and just saw an opening where they could get rebates because of the designation of an opportunity zone. 

Edited by I'm Not a Robot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I live across the street and between the food quality going down in the past few years (still great, don't get me wrong, but not as good as it has been in the past) and the fact that the place has been empty for months now (as people have no idea the place is still open) so it comes as no surprise that Andes closed. I, for one, am hoping they re-open in the GFR portion of this building. I'll miss them.

Edited by JBTX
  • Like 1

Just now, JBTX said:

I live across the street and between the food quality going down in the past few years (still great, don't get me wrong, but not as good as it has been in the past) and the fact that the place has been empty for months now (as people have no idea the place is still open) so it comes as no surprise that Andes closed. I, for one, am hoping they re-open in the GFR portion of this building. 

The article that was recently posted suggested they're taking their talents to Westheimer.

2 hours ago, JBTX said:

I live across the street and between the food quality going down in the past few years (still great, don't get me wrong, but not as good as it has been in the past) and the fact that the place has been empty for months now (as people have no idea the place is still open) so it comes as no surprise that Andes closed. I, for one, am hoping they re-open in the GFR portion of this building. I'll miss them.

I believe they are relocating to a project in that's also going up in this area though if it's public I guess I cant say. 

• Like 1

I'll miss, Andes Café.  Really loved the unusual little place.  But, the location was strange and always felt temporary.  So does the Maritime Museum in the same building.  But, don't blame Marquette for this closing or Andes Cafe or Alamo Tamales .  The landlords of the property is Midway, I believe (someone correct me if I am wrong).  Midway is the developer of this parcel.  Also, The cancellation of the 400 Jensen property, may be true, but the reason is pure speculation, basis "Save the east end" hysteria, about mixed income housing.  

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Naviguessor said:

The landlords of the property is Midway, I believe (someone correct me if I am wrong).  Midway is the developer of this parcel. 

I believe Marquette owns this parcel, while Midway owns the one across the street. However, Alamo owned their building outright and sold. They said in a press release that they will be using profits from the sale to expand/renovate their Barry St. location. From the Alamo folks:

“As many of you know, the east side of downtown has been under renovation for a few years now. They have finally reached Navigation and Canal St., where we are. After contemplating selling for a long time, we have finally made the decision to do so. We are not selling the business! We are shutting down this location at 2310 Navigation on January 1, 2020.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1