Fourth At Navigation: Multifamily At 2404 Navigation Blvd.

16 hours ago, JBTX said:

Today's work involved clearing off the trees, fences, and a good chunk of the land.

I'll post again next time there is some major step forward, but let me know if y'all want more pics sooner/throughout.

20190913_144951.jpg

20190913_172925.jpg

20190913_173043.jpg

2 things -

1) that’s a beautiful oak tree. I wonder if it has any chance at staying.

2) even though the building they are going to demolish isn’t that great... I still wish new developments let the existing structures in good shape remain. I could definitely see it as a cool little office or retail one day.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Avossos said:

1) that’s a beautiful oak tree. I wonder if it has any chance at staying

Not to come off as a too tree huggery, but that tree is one of my favorite things in the neighborhood. It's absolutely gorgeous. It's definitely staying for now...the workers have been taking breaks under it. I hope they find a way to keep it.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Toopicky said:

Unfortunately, from the plat that Luminare had posted earlier, I don't see how this will be possible as the parking structure appears to take up the entire lot. Sad.

@Avossos is talking about the building that is next door west of this development which in some conceptual renders is shown to be a later phase. The parking garage takes up the entire lot, but not the entire block, so that second phase is still in play.

Isn’t this the old Americas Plaza proposal site? It’s amazing how Navigation is buzzing with activity compared to Harrisburg. Once the Bayou Park & East River are completed the greater east end will become a destination. The “Greater East End”.

...in the not too distant future, anything south of I-10, and north of 45 will be the Greater East End. You heard the super neighborhood buzzword here first. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 5:38 PM, JBTX said:

Sadly, the tree is gone.

Maybe if we had those Greenpeace protesters tie themselves to this instead of the bridge...

20190916_183125.jpg

yes, very sad.  those protestors were basically at the wrong debate and preaching to the choir.  still a colorful newsworthy spectacle that keeps Houston in the spot light - can't complain too much :)

11 hours ago, Montrose1100 said:

Isn’t this the old Americas Plaza proposal site? It’s amazing how Navigation is buzzing with activity compared to Harrisburg. Once the Bayou Park & East River are completed the greater east end will become a destination. The “Greater East End”.

...in the not too distant future, anything south of I-10, and north of 45 will be the Greater East End. You heard the super neighborhood buzzword here first. 

If you type in “Greater East End” in Google maps, you’re not too far off from how it is currently. I thought it ended at the Bayou, but the map shows it going all the way to Clinton. 

11 hours ago, ZRFkris said:

Sounds better than eado 

Agreed 100%, but if developers and real estate agents have their way, all of this will  be called EaDo eventually. It’s the hip, trendy name after all.

Exhibit A: this development, which has “EaDo” in its name but is definitely not in EaDo.

I’m not against gentrification generally, but the loss or even dilution of existing area/neighborhood names into whatever invented name sounds cool to marketing focus groups is an unfortunate byproduct. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

I don't think the development has "EaDo" in its name. https://www.marquettecompanies.com/new-development

They may have removed it from the name then. It was originally referred to as “EaDo Navigation” in materials and on the variance request notice placed on the property (see the previous pictures and discussions in this post).

Regardless, Marquette still states on their website that both this development and 400 Jensen are in EaDo. They’re not.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Naviguessor said:

Very significant project for the area. Really great to see the quick work done on this. Now...if they’d just get the nightmare of the Navigation/Jensen & Navigation/Canal intersections dealt with. 

We can only hope that the roundabout will be coming soon.

Never thought I would say that a roundabout would be a better solution, but man is it ever here.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tone2002 said:

Don’t let the train come then its a total nightmare. 

No trains near that though. Purple/Green line are a bit off, and the freight line has a below-grade crossing leading up to it. Runnels needs a below/above grade crossing, but there isn't much traffic in that direction.

I don't think there will be any train problems at that intersection.

Edited by JBTX
Forgot to add Runnels
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, JBTX said:

No trains near that though. Purple/Green line are a bit off, and the freight line has a below-grade crossing leading up to it. Runnels needs a below/above grade crossing, but there isn't much traffic in that direction.

I don't think there will be any train problems at that intersection.

??? 

If Commerce is unusuable due to the train then traffics backs up on those streets/lights even more because everyone is using the below grade crossing to get around it. I’m specifically speaking rush hour at 8am every morning. The train tends to come pretty regularly 

Edited by Tone2002
  • Like 1

People usually leave Commerce and take Bastrop to the below-grade crossing and cut along the Shops at Navigation right before hitting Canal. I see that intersection from by bedroom. There is no traffic coming from Commerce to Navigation where that traffic circle will go.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Origin Investments and Marquette Cos. break ground on EaDo apartment midrise

https://m.chron.com/business/texas-inc/article/Origin-Investments-and-Marquette-Cos-break-14509552.php

A partnership of Origin Investments and Marquette Cos. has begun construction on an eight-level apartment midrise at 2404 Navigation Blvd. in the EaDo neighborhood. The first units are slated for delivery in April.

The project will bring 300 residences, 7,000 square feet of restaurant space on the ground floor, a rooftop lounge and coworking spaces for residents.

Edited by ekdrm2d1
  • Like 2