Fourth At Navigation: Multifamily At 2404 Navigation Blvd.

“Navigation is a romantic boulevard that will be an incredible amenity for the residents with great restaurants, festivals and farmers markets,” said Darren Sloniger, president of Marquette Cos. “This is a truly unique community, with great history, walkability and culture.”

Taken from the Chronicle article linked by @ekdrm2d1

Marquette is really sticking to calling Navigation a romantic boulevard. Definitely not how I would describe it, but if that's its' reputation and it gets more development to the area, I'm all for it. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, I'm Not a Robot said:

Marquette is really sticking to calling Navigation a romantic boulevard. Definitely not how I would describe it, but if that's its' reputation and it gets more development to the area, I'm all for it. 

They must be trying to speak it into existence 😎

• Like 1

I live right off it. I've always found it to be lovely during the nighttime events with the lights lit up, and music playing. Light breeze makes it great.

But yeah, during the day, or when the weather isn't great, its pretty far from romantic. EEMD needs to beautify it a little bit more before it gains full "romantic boulevard" status.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, I'm Not a Robot said:

Romantic in the sense that, you know, the teeming wharves of a third-world shipping port are romantic, or the Little Italy scenes in Godfather II. Romantic in the cultural sense.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JBTX said:

Looks like the did more work today than just concrete. I guess we are officially "Going Up."

20191028_174403.jpg

20191028_181331.jpg

I’m guessing you live in one of those townhomes immediately to the east of this site. I’m curious how you feel about having your downtown view blocked by a mid rise apartment?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JBTX said:

You are correct.

I don't care. There was a beautiful tree on that lot before that blocked my view from the 2nd story because the tree was so big. The view is only available from the third floor right now, and while it is a lovely view, I bought a piece of property in the East End with two massive vacant lots in front of me (this one and the one owned by Midway across from Alamo Tamales). I was under no delusion that the lots would be left undeveloped.

That’s a refreshingly rational viewpoint. I was just curious because I’ve seen other people post on here complaining about having tall buildings built that compromise their views, sunlight, etc. You didn’t seem to fit in that camp, but I thought I’d ask anyway.

I did the same, buying with an empty lot next door. A three story apartment is currently being built that blocks a view of the edge of downtown from the shared driveway. Like you, I figured it would be developed eventually. I’m just glad someone didn’t try to stick a high rise there. . .

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, thedistrict84 said:

That’s a refreshingly rational viewpoint. I was just curious because I’ve seen other people post on here complaining about having tall buildings built that compromise their views, sunlight, etc.

Please, block my sunlight! My cooling bills will go down in half. Though, yes. I will have to switch the herbs/vegetables I grow when the sunlight changes.

• Like 6

Somewhat related to all this: has anyone gotten a hold of management at Andes Cafe to see what their plan is?

I haven't seen anyone other than waitstaff at Andes recently, and I was curious what was going to happen when Marquette moves to renovate their building. I think it would be great to see Andes move into the structure on 2404, when complete, but I wasn't sure if anyone knew what the timeline was going to be.

• Like 7

Alamo Tamales, which is at the corner of this development, is set to close down by the end of the year. Sad news for the tamal lovers out there like myself.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/article/Alamo-Tamale-Taco-on-Navigation-to-close-its-doors-14837996.php

PS: there is another location, but 15 minutes away from this location.

Edited by EastEndHeritage
  • Like 1
  • Sad 7