Fourth At Navigation: Multifamily At 2404 Navigation Blvd.

2 minutes ago, I'm Not a Robot said:

Does anyone know where the second planned project is? They are calling it "East Bayou." I really hope that the health amenities (Yoga etc) they speak of become available to the public to use. This area is kind of lacking in the health options that EaDo seems to be collecting. 

Based on the description of the location, I was thinking it might be the large lot just north of the Bayou and west of Jensen, but I’m honestly not sure.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thedistrict84 said:

Based on the description of the location, I was thinking it might be the large lot just north of the Bayou and west of Jensen, but I’m honestly not sure.

Yea that makes sense, the lot with the metal structure on it?

Additionally I was wondering if the lot east of Jensen and south of the Bayou in front of the existing town homes was a possibility. I've seen some activity there and despite there being an advertising for another company, I couldn't find anything about them online. 

31 minutes ago, ZRFkris said:

More green space integrated with the townhome developments would be nice for the aesthetic of the neighborhood, especially before it fills in.

There is a park with a splash pad across the street. Unfortunately it is ALWAYS filled with homeless due to the soup kitchen being around the corner. East End had to shut off the fountain because people were bathing in it and using it as a restroom. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, crock said:

so we're... 18 months from people complaining about Martha’s Kitchen and the Catholic Charities on reddit? 

I think one of these developers is going to buy both properties eventually but if we have all of these projects finished first, people moving in are going to take some time to get used to it. 

12 minutes ago, Mr.Clean19 said:

There is a park with a splash pad across the street. Unfortunately it is ALWAYS filled with homeless due to the soup kitchen being around the corner. East End had to shut off the fountain because people were bathing in it and using it as a restroom. 

That park is completely a waste unless there is an event going on. I'm not sure what could be done to fix this issue except as mentioned above both properties on Jensen being bought out. 

Edited by I'm Not a Robot

4 hours ago, Mr.Clean19 said:

Just drove by, and like clockwork there was a homeless person bathing in one of the spray fountains (which apparently are active again).

Hopefully more normal and regular pedestrian presence will cause a reduction in this type of loitering/behavior. These developments will go a long way to helping achieve that goal.

I’m happier they are building more townhomes. They are starting to help bring in a different type of resident in addition to the ones that are already there. Starting to give it a good mix. I’m glad they are not building multi unit apartment complexes on every corner. 

1 hour ago, Triton said:

Where did the roundabout come from?

Separate project. Its currently in the planning phase. Can't remember where the thread was though.

EDIT: Found it.

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 4

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, brijonmang said:

So I'm a little confused on this one, are they building the more recent white version or the corten steel looking version?

The corten steel looking one. Thats the most updated one on their website. The white one with my trained eye looks like an earlier massing study for the site, the site next door, and planning ahead for the roundabout.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, H-Town Man said:

This is a step back or three from the earlier rendering unless I am not seeing something.

On 2/11/2019 at 4:51 PM, Luminare said:

From this weeks planning agenda:

Site Plan

I5wfg7f.jpg

Section

XBF1MP4.jpg

Elevation

fg8JmOm.jpg

Looks like they will have ground floor retail on both canal and Navigation.

If you look at what I posted back in February it actually isn't. Its just a step back from the render they did back in 2018.

Seems everything is still in play exactly what they submitted to the city. Still have retail. Still the same number of apartments. Same use of materials. They just never updated the render.

Its clear though they made changes from the original hero image to the stuff they submitted to planning commission. in the original hero image it showed more apartments in the middle volume, an alley that cut the full block on the side, glass railing, and a drive loop on navigation. Looks like all that was already cut out by the time they submitted to the city and corresponds to what is shown when I posted in Feb. You can even tell the render now correctly corresponds to what they sent to the city via the window shapes. So is it a step down? Only a step down from the original hero image. It also looks like they are not doing a grated screen system like they showed in the original hero image, but are instead going with solid panels. All in all I still really like this one even in the new image shown. All the cuts are logical cuts that even I would make in a design if I were to meet a budget.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dbigtex56 said:

Who are the dignitaries in the photo?

Leftover bartenders and a straggler. I came by as they were cleaning up. Someone actually put a photo up on the big board in the pic later. I'll take a pic of it tomorrow morning if there is something new.

• Like 1