While chatting with Bob at Imparali Tailor today, I learned that all tenants in his building were given a 6 month notice to vacate. He said the building would be torn down in order to build a 15 story office tower. This is basically just hearsay, but I thought HAIF would like to know.

The building is across Richmond from Midway's Kirby Grove.

I didn't find a previous thread for this address in a search. Apologies if this is old news.

21 hours ago, The Ozone Files said:

While chatting with Bob at Imparali Tailor today, I learned that all tenants in his building were given a 6 month notice to vacate. He said the building would be torn down in order to build a 15 story office tower. This is basically just hearsay, but I thought HAIF would like to know.

The building is across Richmond from Midway's Kirby Grove.

I didn't find a previous thread for this address in a search. Apologies if this is old news.

Sounds about right.  This is an ugly building.

streetview.jpg

True, Montrose. There is a great collection of mid century/60’s architecture down that strip of Richmond’s. It’ll be a shame to lose it. But...it’ll probably happen more sooner than later. 

According to Rice University, 3000 Richmond Ave. was developed by Hines Interests / Gerald Hines. Designed by Wilson, Morris, Crain & Anderson.

• 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Office Tower At 3000 Richmond Ave.

Archived