Camden Midtown: Multifamily At 2303 Louisiana St.

UrbaNerd

That looks really, really nice.

I saw on another thread that blocks in midtown are going for $58 per square foot.  Does anyone want to take a guess about how much these units might rent for?  (I'm assuming that the higher the cost of purchasing the original land, the more expensive the apartments.)

First of all I am sure Camden did not pay $58 per foot. They have had the land for quite a while and have been sitting on it. The second thought is that the project will built upwards allowing more rentable area per square foot of land. I would assume that a 1 bedroom, 1bathroom 950 SF place would run you about 1300-1600 per month. I might be off a few bucks in either direction.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So, is this project dead? it said that "occupancy will begin in the 4th quarter of 2005"

2005 is more than halfway through. I don't think they can build a big complex like this in 3 months.

So, is this project dead?  it said that "occupancy will begin in the 4th quarter of 2005"

2005 is more than halfway through.  I don't think they can build a big complex like this in 3 months.

nah, camden has the ability to sit on dirt. they are doing the same just north of post's deal, where they plan to build 600 units. they will build them when they feel comfortable with the market.

From my vantage in our break room on the 29th, all I see is a field of green in this location.

A park would be much better than some tacky apartments.

I'm really excited about mixed-use space on the rail line, and the corresponding foot traffic it would receive from the apartments. Camden's property could further increase the light rail usage and heighten Midtown's attractiveness as a retail/entertainment destination. So I'm very much in favor of the development.

...heighten Midtown's attractiveness as a retail/entertainment destination...

Midtown is a retail destination?

The only thing good about Camden's design is the fact it will add retail to midtown (hopefully not anymore CVS or dry cleaners!), and bring people to an otherwise desolate local.

Midtown is a retail destination?

The only thing good about Camden's design is the fact it will add retail to midtown (hopefully not anymore CVS or dry cleaners!), and bring people to an otherwise desolate local.

Will be - The Collective's shops, High Fashion Furniture, Camden's mixed use shops, development along Elgin.....

No its not completely empty - but a token hand full of people walking their dog and scoping up its crap @ 8 o'clock in the evening isnt what Id call a pedestrian wonderland.

Perhaps you should come down from your lofty perch and see Midtown for yourself. At the street level. It looks a lot worse than I imagine it does from high above.

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know who this belongs to or what they plan on doing with it? Its amazing this much vacant land is still, well, vacant right next to downtown and midtown. I've driven around in it before and I can tell there used to be houses there... but what was it all bulldozed for?

Edited by danes75

• 1 month later...

I believe Camden has broken ground on its development here. It should help to connect the 4th Ward to Midtown. I heard that retail is going to be integrated, running down a street that will geographically run between and thus connect Midtown/West Gray @ Bagby areas.

Now, if Camden would just break ground on the huge Superblock Development off Main Street, that would help unite East and West Midtown, help "legitimize" the light rail to its constant critics (one of which I am not), and catalyze more development. Help us Camden! Help the city that you call home ! :)

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
I saw signs up by the SuperBlock on Main and McGowen...it looks like they're going to start building residential and retail. I wonder what's going in there. Anyone have more info on the SuperBlock?

Superblock??? sounds like something I watched on television on saturday morning as a kid. :rolleyes: