Sweetgreen Restaurant At 1303 Westheimer Rd.

gene

• 3 months later...

havent been able to take a pic but Doc's is really coming along! they are still saying it will be a summer opening but betting that means end of summer/early fall! if anyone has any updates or photos please post as i am really excited about this place!

havent been able to take a pic but Doc's is really coming along! they are still saying it will be a summer opening but betting that means end of summer/early fall! if anyone has any updates or photos please post as i am really excited about this place!

Work still progressing - not too much to see from these pics because of the fencing..

post-30-0-82463200-1404597264_thumb.jpg

post-30-0-94926200-1404597278_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

went last night to the preview/friends and family party and the food was really great as was the staff...of course the usual long wait etc but that is definitely to be expected for a pre-opening night...but yeah, loved it and cant wait to go back! it opens this Thursday 11/20/14

Pre opening nights are great. I got free tacos and margaritas at Torchy's a month ago or so.

heck yeah, love me some Torchys!

at the Doc's party it was one free appetizer per table then one free entrée per person and unlimited alcohol!!! it was awesome

• 4 years later...
On 1/7/2019 at 3:59 PM, nate4l1f3 said:

Hmmm thought this was going to be a craft beer place. 

It was and at one point as i remember reading about it on the houston press or similar site but yes, i saw the recent article about this new business taking it over. it has been an eye sore as of late so i too am thankful and hopeful that they begin work sooner than later...although i am betting it will be done sooner than that damn plaza diagonally across the street! Wow they are really taking their time with that one... (and still only 1 story?! yikes!) haha! 

1 hour ago, gene said:

It was and at one point as i remember reading about it on the houston press or similar site but yes, i saw the recent article about this new business taking it over. it has been an eye sore as of late so i too am thankful and hopeful that they begin work sooner than later...although i am betting it will be done sooner than that damn plaza diagonally across the street! Wow they are really taking their time with that one... (and still only 1 story?! yikes!) haha! 

I’m one of the few that actually liked docs. Wasn’t overly crowded and had actually good food, but I was looking forward to this craft beer spot. O well. 

• 4 months later...

I've lived in the greater Houston area since '78 and remember a Wienerschnitzel in Pasadena on Southmore  across from Pasadena Hospital back in the day. Only recall going to it a couple of times but would try them again they moved in here.

I will never go to one again unless they use the Der in front of Wienerschnitzel!!!! Neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

(that place brings back good memories both in Houston and Los Angeles when i lived there!)

• 2 months later...

I don't know we ever did an update as far as what is now going in here. Was siting vacant for awhile. Noticed it on one of the agendas, but was too busy at the time to post anything about it. This will be a new bar I think called Sweet Green. Many of my photos today were from a walk around the hood, but it was a quick one. Ungodly hot outside.

I3kiBe2.jpg

Kve0mLq.jpg

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! the Steel City Pops makes sense as i drove by this weekend and wondered why they painted the back of the building gray and had such cool nice windows and seemed to look like a whole different space/business! because IT IS!!! haha! I think it ALL looks great! cant wait to see them open!

11 hours ago, KinkaidAlum said:

Sweetgreen is HUGE out in Los Angeles. We're getting a west coast invasion with Sweetgreen and Mendocino Farms. Now we just need Lemonade. 

As long as the Cali's don't bring the bad parts of their state I fully welcome the good haha. Hopefully its decently priced. Montrose, in this strip of Westheimer has a huge gap when it comes to decently priced food options. Its either we have something like MickyD's to old not so great older cheap restaurants or really expensive date options. Someone at some point with a brain is going to be see the void and fill it. More stuff in the $5-10 range and more in the $10-15.

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Old Docs Location At 1303 Westheimer Rd.
  • The title was changed to Sweetgreen Restaurant At 1303 Westheimer Rd.

Archived