10 hours ago, jmitch94 said:

Well in my opinion Marlowe is probably his best looking structure as of recent so I’m not too upset. I just wish he’d step away from using white so much for awhile. 

I groan every time I look at Marlowe coming out of Toyota Center. The backside looks unfinished to me.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, iah77 said:

Probably because they anticipate in a few years something built up against it I would imagine.

Thats precisely why. Normally, here in Houston, we like to make buildings that are "finished" on all 4 sides, but the more dense we get we will see more buildings with unfinished sides in anticipation of something being built next to it. @nate4l1f3

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, nate4l1f3 said:

Makes sense and I thought about that, but i wonder exactly how long until that happens. Isn’t the other half block of the Embassy suites supposedly for sale or planned for development?

At this juncture it isn't entirely necessary as there are still plenty of holes to fill and big empty areas to fill until it becomes more common. Outside of downtown its cost prohibitive to build to the property line primarily due to code reasons which require a tremendous amount of fire protection in the wall that would be right on the property boundary (plus the COH plat setback rules). Plus, with as much space as there is in these areas outside downtown it doesn't make that much sense (even though building to the property line for each lot would help to build greater cohesion between buildings).This is why you see so many town-homes with slim gaps in between, but its the opposite downtown because its denser and its more economical to build on the maximum allowable lot as possible.

EDIT: as for as Embassy Suites...I have no clue. I'm shock nothing has been either proposed or built there yet.

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here’s an email they sent today to people who signed up for updates:

“Thank you very much for your interest in my newest addition to the Houston skyline! The opportunity to develop a residential tower between the Galleria and River Oaks, essentially adjacent to Highland Village is definitely exciting. 

Right now, this new development is a work in progress. My current focus is on creating functional and interesting floor plans. We will be offering 2B-2.5BR, 3B-2BR, and 3B-3.5BR plans of varying sizes along with Penthouses of approximately 4,200 to 5,200 square feet. The top floor will have two story Penthouses with a private elevator. I am on the fifth pass at this effort and should be able to complete the floor plates within the next three weeks.

After conclusion of the interior lay out, we move to the time-consuming exterior design of the structure. This is always complicated as we have to balance design and materials with realistic costs and structural engineering requirements. I am envisioning a classical style inspired by two world class buildings in New York, one residential and the other theater oriented. The trick is to meld the two unrelated developments into a residential tower encompassing a cohesive design borrowing the best features from each. This is both a challenging and inspiring exercise that will take weeks to unfold. 

In the interim, we are still on the search for a name for this to be designed condo tower, we are always open to suggestions. We are also in process of specifying the amenities that will help define the development. And, trying to make these amenities outstanding by any measure.

As progress is made in the design arena, I will send you frequent updates. Until then, thanks again for your interest in ???????, a new and timeless addition to the skyline.”

Edited by richfish
Can't write a simple sentence
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/8/2019 at 5:08 PM, ekdrm2d1 said:

P0Sv48m.jpg

If he stops right now he'll be ahead of the game.

What scares me is the quote:

"The trick is to meld the two unrelated developments into a residential tower encompassing a cohesive design borrowing the best features from each."

Good luck on that

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

The replat signs are posted all over the Westgrove Court business area.

nlKs6fM.jpg

7JzhLn3.jpg

With all the renovation work they have done to this one lately I'm sure they would like to make it one plat after that. Makes sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richfish said:

RD sent out a new email about the project, basically that they're still working the design, but it will be named The Paramount. 

Email in full....

~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Future Client,

We are now approaching 120 interested clients on our Preferred Wait List. The current plan in place is to have three or four private showings starting in late October, early November, when the Sales Center is scheduled for completion. Clients will be invited to these private parties in the order in which they registered to give ALL a fair opportunity to purchase one of our 50 new homes. Terms are likely to be 10% of Purchase Price paid at contract execution with another 10% due one year after construction commencement.

We are still working diligently on completing the floor plans; however, a City meeting effecting the shape and the positioning of the building is still in the works. Once the final determination is made, we will complete the floor plans and turn our attention to the exterior elements. Right now, the exterior design of the structure is about 75% finished. I am MUCH MORE than pleased with our architectural concept and am confident you will have the same viewpoint.

In my last update letter, I noted that the search for a name that fits our New York inspired condominium was still a mystery in progress. Happy to inform you that your new home will be called…………. The PARAMOUNT.

For me, the name brings to mind superior or above all others, timeless design, great importance, and compelling value. For you, I trust it means a new home with unparalleled, uncompromising features and standards... which is always my objective. More exciting details to come, please stand by.

Sincerely,

Randall Davis

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1