The Crossing At Midtown: Retail At 606 Dennis St.

DrLan34

I'm a little confused. The Oxberry Group link lists the address as 605 Dennis, but the Shop Company link has it at 606 Dennis.
(The building at 606 Dennis is a video game service company, and has been in the same name for more than 30 years, per HCAD.)

12 hours ago, dbigtex56 said:

I'm a little confused. The Oxberry Group link lists the address as 605 Dennis, but the Shop Company link has it at 606 Dennis.
(The building at 606 Dennis is a video game service company, and has been in the same name for more than 30 years, per HCAD.)

Geez that place is a dump then if that's the case. You would think they would at least look more appealing. 

12 hours ago, dbigtex56 said:

I think HCAD is wrong here. The property at 606 Dennis looks to have been transferred via a post probate action in 2003 to the current owners. The documents available on the County Clerks site show the current owners having different names that what HCAD has. I've found that it is often necessary to check the County Clerk's site for the last word on some of these properties. There's no sign of any recent sales, though.

605 Dennis would be across the street, and isn't a valid address. However, there is a property at 605 Drew, the lot that backs on to 606 Dennis. The Shop Companies page shows the development is 20,000 sq ft, which could be the 10,000 sq feet on Dennis, the 5000 at 605 Drew, and the 5000 sq ft at 2703 Smith, the corner of Smith and Drew on this block. I don't see any recent filings that indicate sales, but that doesn't mean much.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Couldn't find this site but the old H.A.Franz building and some of the surrounding block is being transformed into new retail spots. Merge if necessary. 30+ years ago when I worked in the video gaming industry I used to go here for parts.

jQs4C4h.jpg

BJMZE2L.jpg

zWQuXsd.jpg

• Like 5

THE CROSSING AT MIDTOWN

SQUARE FOOTAGE20,800 SF

PROPERTY DESCRIPTION

New development located in the heart of Midtown. With ±20,000 SF of Restaurant/Bar & Retail space, the site is situated amongst luxury residences, premier office space, and restaurant & bar destinations. The property offers rare parking opportunity with head in spaces and additional parking located nearby at the brand new Midtown Super Block with ±360 spaces. Located between Smith and Louisiana Street, The Crossing at Midtown has quick and easy access to Downtown Houston and high profile neighborhoods in the metro-plex.

https://www.oxberrygroup.com/projects

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow this is awesome! I drove through town last nite from my new spot on Airline. I went through Midtown and Montrose and let me just say that I was very impressed with how well this city is coming together. The Drewery is going to set an incredible standard for Midtown development and with the parking mins lifted, you can only imagine just how dense and urban these parts of the city will become. 

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, hindesky said:

That "R"guy is everywhere, luckily he only tags under construction buildings.

Unfortunately he(?)'s branched out. 
Sorry, still can't find my camera, but 2403 Caroline (at McIlhenny) was tagged over the weekend.

22403.PNG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...