The Crossing At Midtown: Retail At 606 Dennis St.

DrLan34

19 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

I swear if I catch Rowdy in the act I’m beating his ass. 😂

17 hours ago, dbigtex56 said:

I'll gladly hold your beer and look the other way when you do so.

11 hours ago, Howard Huge said:

I'll help.

We've got some youth baseball bats that might be helpful.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 6/8/2020 at 7:32 PM, BeerNut said:

Conservatory has leased (or is in negotiations to lease) a unit in Oxberry Group's Crossing at Midtown. This the food hall from Company Nomads.

After the group's relocation plans to East Village in EaDo fell through (replacing Chapman & Kirby), I was directed to an entity filed soon after signaling a possible next move. Some time this spring, Conservatory Midtown LLC was formed.

Conservatory will occupy a unit (or units) in building A, shown on the above site plan. I don't know if it will take up portions of the first and second floors. It's possible. Previous articles announcing the food Hall's move to East Downtown referenced the group's plans to utilize an outdoor patio space. This development offers that option.

• Like 7

• 2 months later...

Midtown Project to Host Conservatory Food Hall, Hot Chicken Eatery

The popular hall is coming back, and a California-based spot is joining them.

By Timothy Malcolm  2/11/2021 at 11:40am

OXBERRY GROUP ANNOUNCED ON THURSDAY that The Crossing at Midtown, its retail project of 19,000 square feet at 610 Dennis St, is fully leased and will include the return of Conservatory food hall and a Houston newcomer, California-based eatery Dave’s Hot Chicken.

Conservatory, Houston’s long-running underground food hall at 1010 Prairie St in Downtown Houston, ended operation in late 2019. Since then Underground Hall has opened in the space, and Company of Nomads, which operates Conservatory, has talked about re-opening the concept in another part of the city.

At The Crossing at Midtown, Conservatory will be a 17,250-square-foot space with a 4,000-square-foot garden patio. 

Dave’s Hot Chicken, which specializes in Nashville hot chicken tenders and sliders, will occupy a 2,500-square-foot space at The Crossing at Midtown. 

In 2018 Dave’s was born in East Hollywood, California, and now has about a dozen locations throughout California and in Toronto, Ontario. Late in 2020, it was reported that the fast-casual restaurant will be opening more than two-dozen units in Texas, with most coming to Houston. 

Oxberry Group says to expect the businesses to open either in spring or summer; we’ve reached out to Company of Nomads for more information about Conservatory’s opening and will update with more information.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, hindesky said:

Midtown Project to Host Conservatory Food Hall, Hot Chicken Eatery

The popular hall is coming back, and a California-based spot is joining them.

By Timothy Malcolm  2/11/2021 at 11:40am

OXBERRY GROUP ANNOUNCED ON THURSDAY that The Crossing at Midtown, its retail project of 19,000 square feet at 610 Dennis St, is fully leased and will include the return of Conservatory food hall and a Houston newcomer, California-based eatery Dave’s Hot Chicken.

Conservatory, Houston’s long-running underground food hall at 1010 Prairie St in Downtown Houston, ended operation in late 2019. Since then Underground Hall has opened in the space, and Company of Nomads, which operates Conservatory, has talked about re-opening the concept in another part of the city.

At The Crossing at Midtown, Conservatory will be a 17,250-square-foot space with a 4,000-square-foot garden patio. 

Dave’s Hot Chicken, which specializes in Nashville hot chicken tenders and sliders, will occupy a 2,500-square-foot space at The Crossing at Midtown. 

In 2018 Dave’s was born in East Hollywood, California, and now has about a dozen locations throughout California and in Toronto, Ontario. Late in 2020, it was reported that the fast-casual restaurant will be opening more than two-dozen units in Texas, with most coming to Houston. 

Oxberry Group says to expect the businesses to open either in spring or summer; we’ve reached out to Company of Nomads for more information about Conservatory’s opening and will update with more information.

Oxberry must have been desperate to fill the space. That's a ton of exposure to a tenant that is known to back out of deals / default. 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, hindesky said:

Someone is moving in, can't tell who by the name on the "Alcoholic Beverages" sign.

BP on the permit type means Brew Pub and PE is for a cartage permit (transporting alcohol from a different location). So perhaps one of the local breweries is adding a new location? Or better yet this will be a new standalone brewpub. Cool find either way!

• Like 3

• The title was changed to The Crossing At Midtown: Multifamily At 606 Dennis
  • 4 months later...
On 4/10/2021 at 4:25 PM, hindesky said:

Someone is moving in, can't tell who by the name on the "Alcoholic Beverages" sign.

8qHf2j5.jpg

On 4/10/2021 at 9:11 PM, phillip_white said:

BP on the permit type means Brew Pub and PE is for a cartage permit (transporting alcohol from a different location). So perhaps one of the local breweries is adding a new location? Or better yet this will be a new standalone brewpub. Cool find either way!

According to Loe Ortega's LO Architecture, there will be either a brewery or brewpub component to the new Conservatory food hall in Midtown, 606 Dennis.

Over the summer, LO Architecture uploaded buildout pics and design mock-ups to Instagram. The post also provided the following details:

"Infrastructure may not be glamorous, but it is integral to food hall design. With eleven vendors, bar, and future brewery, there is plenty of under slab work to be done."

https://instagram.com/p/CRjc0LnJwJ_

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1

Disagree on food courts, just because they're all Downtown. Midtown could use one. 

Midtown has multiple bar scenes that don't overlap much, so I'm not sure I think it's oversaturated.

It could use some basic retail. Like a Target. Honestly another grocery store would be nice, especially now that Fiesta is gone. Nobody should have to shop at Randall's.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Texasota said:

Disagree on food courts, just because they're all Downtown. Midtown could use one. 

Midtown has multiple bar scenes that don't overlap much, so I'm not sure I think it's oversaturated.

It could use some basic retail. Like a Target. Honestly another grocery store would be nice, especially now that Fiesta is gone. Nobody should have to shop at Randall's.

A target or neighborhood walmart makes too much sense. Either one would do crazy numbers, the montrose target and the lower heights/upper washington target both sometimes run out of baby wipes, some fruit and veggies, and cleaning products. Just crazy.

I think this is a welcome addition to midtown. Right there by that chipotle and pho saigon, that area gets alot of foot traffic, this one should do fine.