Dallas Talk Radio

segovia

Hello,

We spent an anniversary weekend in Dallas several weeks ago. It was our first trip to Dallas. We stayed at the Melrose Hotel. We enjoyed an Opera show at Music Hall and a Cowboys game. The neighborhood was nice and quiet. We enjoyed our dinners at the Cafe Brazil and The Bronx restaurants. We did not feel unsafe at any point in the trip. Upon returning home, we were amazed listening to a Dallas talk radio show discussing the city’s high crime statistics/ranking and the difficult ethnic divisions within the city. Is this true?

Is the crime rate at least isolated to certain areas?

Well, I could tell you yes. Again, it depends on how you interpret the stats. I have lived in downtown/uptown for over three years. I have never felt threatened, at least not anymore than I have in a suburn or Houston or Austin or where ever. That is just me though.

Is the crime rate at least isolated to certain areas?

Yes, its very good in some places and very bad in others. My neighborhood has very low crime, and you go 2 blocks and the crime rate is through the roof. Dallas has a plan to eliminate the crime 2 blocks from my house, and I think there are enough people out there that care for the area to make it happen.

Jason

Archived