Posted (edited)

Segundo Coffee is up and running - they have a stand set up so they can serve during the build out of their shipping container space. They currently plan to be open MWF around 8am, though they were open this morning as they'll be closed tomorrow in preparation for an event they're doing on Saturday.

Edited by linearmovement
  • Like 6
  • Highrise Tower changed the title to Warehouse Purchased In EaDo
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, 77011transplant said:

So cool inside. And Segundo has some solid coffee and baked goods from Koffeteria!

I'm going to have to give Segundo another chance. I ordered a latte and asked how many espresso shots it came with and the two people working told me none 😑 and it wasn't good, super muddy sediment at the bottom.

• Haha 1
54 minutes ago, Montrose1100 said:

I'm going to have to give Segundo another chance. I ordered a latte and asked how many espresso shots it came with and the two people working told me none 😑 and it wasn't good, super muddy sediment at the bottom.

That's too bad. I got a latte, and it reminded me of Xela which I enjoy. It was kind of pricey though. 

48 minutes ago, 77011transplant said:

That's too bad. I got a latte, and it reminded me of Xela which I enjoy. It was kind of pricey though. 

$5.50 for a cold brew was a little rich for my blood. That said, I'm glad to have the option if there's a stopped train blocking my path to any of the shops north of Harrisburg.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, linearmovement said:

$5.50 for a cold brew was a little rich for my blood. That said, I'm glad to have the option if there's a stopped train blocking my path to any of the shops north of Harrisburg.

Coral Sword isn't too far down Telephone ;) No train track to cross.

• Like 3

On 7/15/2021 at 11:32 AM, samagon said:

does anyone know who their roaster is?

it's a new roaster in midtown. forgot the name already.

$5.50 for a 12oz latte though.

I was more interested in seeing the space, there's this coffee shop, and 2 small shops. I hope they get more tenants, it's a neat looking space.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, 2ndwardOG said:

Roaster is Matt from little dreamer coffee has been in the coffee game for a long time..

the barista I got my coffee from on Saturday said it was a new roaster. I guess that means the owner has been around for a long time, but the business is new?

anyway, the espresso was nice and smooth, I didn't have the issue referenced above.

I believe Segundo Coffee lab serves high quality artesian Coffee. For those who are concerned with the pricing. Roaster is Matt T who was one of the original founders of boomtown coffee, which has been in the coffee game for many years. Owners are super nice and caring. I have seen and been to multiple coffee shops and hands down you get what you pay for. Space has urban industrial vibes. I’m happy to see more things like this coming to the East End. Well done Segundo Coffee lab.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Amanda Smith said:

I believe Segundo Coffee lab serves high quality artesian Coffee. For those who are concerned with the pricing. Roaster is Matt T who was one of the original founders of boomtown coffee, which has been in the coffee game for many years. Owners are super nice and caring. I have seen and been to multiple coffee shops and hands down you get what you pay for. Space has urban industrial vibes. I’m happy to see more things like this coming to the East End. Well done Segundo Coffee lab.

I think you meant artisan coffee. Artesian coffee evokes a never ending fountain of coffee coming from an infinite source😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
4 hours ago, wilcal said:

I know there wouldn't be a drive-thru, but would love a donut place to pop up in the East End. Maybe here would be a good place? 

I haven't been yet, but my friends who live off Lawndale love Mr. Donut (if you were looking for a donut place on the East End): https://g.co/kgs/4uT2SH

Edited by 77011transplant
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, 77011transplant said:

I haven't been yet, but my friends who live off Lawndale love Mr. Donut (if you were looking for a donut place on the East End): https://g.co/kgs/4uT2SH

I do love Mr. Donut, but was thinking of some of my friends who live off of Nagle who used to walk their dog on Sat morning and get a donut but that can't happen now. Also, Not Jus Donuts evidently doesn't sell donuts.