Ironworks Campus - 711 Milby St.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I drive past here everyday for work. The main brick entrance by the tracks is gorgeous. Pretty sure it’s in the Art Deco Houston book.

I’m not sure what they’re going to turn it into, but a big industrial roller disco lounge is what I’m crossing my fingers for. I thought the fenced off lots to the southeast would be more town house farms but it will be permanent parking for this property.

if it will be a bar, it could be the nail in the coffin for D&W. Which would be a crime.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/23/2019 at 8:30 PM, Montrose1100 said:

if it will be a bar, it could be the nail in the coffin for D&W. Which would be a crime.

With D&W, Harrisburg Country Club, and Voodoo Queen in the area, I think the dive bars will stand out for some people as better options than the newer spots.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Windows look great. I have even been seeing some development inside of the building. Once I even saw a few exotic cars in there maybe the developers? Either way looks to be another great addition excited to see this come to fruition.

Edited by 2ndwardOG
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 3:19 PM, 2ndwardOG said:

Once I even saw a few exotic cars in there maybe the developers?

Probably just people taking pics of their cars. I drive past that superfund site off Jensen with the incredible view of DT and there are often folks taking car pics there. East End is full of spots for car pics, so, I wouldn't be shocked if someone is using this site for it too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2020 at 5:31 PM, Avossos said:

I wish Kaldis would really invest in their landscaping... I worked with them before and it didn't seem like a priority...

Milby is a pot hole war zone and the tracks & crossing are missing from this glittering rendering. Although it would be nice if Milby were to become a wild flower haven and well manicured street. Would make the walks to Voodoo Queen more attractive.

Some of the windows on warehouse portion facing the tracks have missing windows. I think I might peep inside and see what the work looks like internally. It's a very interesting space but I can't imagine what would go here? Some kind of upscale furniture store with a show room and warehouse? Indoor farmers market? Tout Suite and other random businesses getting displaced by the 45/59 realignment? A beer hall/bar/restaurant would be super sweet. It's just hard to picture.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Montrose1100 said:

Milby is a pot hole war zone and the tracks & crossing are missing from this glittering rendering. Although it would be nice if Milby were to become a wild flower haven and well manicured street. Would make the walks to Voodoo Queen more attractive.

Some of the windows on warehouse portion facing the tracks have missing windows. I think I might peep inside and see what the work looks like internally. It's a very interesting space but I can't imagine what would go here? Some kind of upscale furniture store with a show room and warehouse? Indoor farmers market? Tout Suite and other random businesses getting displaced by the 45/59 realignment? A beer hall/bar/restaurant would be super sweet. It's just hard to picture.

I have a feeling it'll be another co-working space. So many in the area with these large buildings in random locations.

1 hour ago, Montrose1100 said:

It's a very interesting space but I can't imagine what would go here? Some kind of upscale furniture store with a show room and warehouse? Indoor farmers market? Tout Suite and other random businesses getting displaced by the 45/59 realignment? A beer hall/bar/restaurant would be super sweet. It's just hard to picture.

After visiting Fabrica la Aurora in San Miguel de Allende, I was thinking this would be a really cool spot for artist studios and a high end gallery. However, based on the description on their website, it will be yet another co-working space:

Our Latest Project: reviving the original Cameron Iron Works building in EaDo. This 60,000-square-foot art deco-style building at 711 N. Milby will be home to local creatives and professionals. Ironworks plans to make is debut in the of Fall 2019.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I dislike At&t, had to beg them to put regular internet in my house 3 block away. Anyways, excited for a new eatery close by.

Anyone know what's up with the viking fenced lots to the south and across Walker? I would wager Townhouses. Also does anyone know if the Fallout Trailer next to D&W is apart of D&Ws?

49 minutes ago, BeerNut said:

How did you find all the properties?  

If you search for ATT fiber you can check to see if the fiber is run to your property or not. If it isn't, what I did was check local business addresses. I found one across the street from where I live, so I placed a ticket and in the ticket I told them the business across from me already had fiber. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Friend was asking my about any new coworking spaces in the East End, so we stopped by this weekend. 

The back building (northern most one) is still pretty much untouched. 

Held my phone up to the windows to take these two  shots of the interior:

xkhSO7t.jpg

w2kyWXy.jpg

I would hope that they are planning to do something with the floor. Old parking lines not a great look. Looking like it could be a really cool space!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1